It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2005, 02:46 PM   #1

mike_1984 HB User
Anxiety and vision problems?

Is it possible to have vision problems with anxiety? This week has been really bad for my anxiety. I've had lots of attacks and my mind has been racing all day everyday. For the last 2 days I feel that I have vision problems. This can also be in my head. I don't have double vision or blurred vision or anything, it just feels like my eyes are not seeing properly. It's really hard to explain, it's almsot like blurry but not really. It's almost annoying but it doesn't seem like anything too serious. Can anxiety cause vision problems or stuff like that? Let me know guys! Thanks

Old 09-03-2005, 03:46 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User
Re: Anxiety and vision problems?

yes it can I have had blurry like vision,spots before my eyes,and tunnel vision because of anxiety and stress.......but have it checked by your doctor before just blaming it on anxiety

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-03-2005, 04:13 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Valerie_s HB User

I totally experience this whane I have my anxiety and or panic, its like you can see but you really cant right? It is so hard to explain but I know what your saying! your vision is not blurred and you can clearly see things but it really feels like you cant see things clearly

Old 09-03-2005, 05:32 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

debill HB User

I have this too. I also have other medical conditions but my eye doctor and therapist assure me that it is my anxiety. It's not really blurry..it's almost like I have a film over my eye and I need to rub it.

Have it checked out by your eye doc just to be safe but it's probably just another annoying symptom. I also get pain behind my eye.

My therapist said that anxiety and depression can have the same symptoms as almost any disease there is. I hope this helped.

deb

Old 09-04-2005, 02:24 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

lindsalou HB User

i too suffer with this problem, sometimes if i focus on something its like im in a dream, its not that things are blurry its just that things dont look real, then i have to blink or rub my eyes an try to focus again. the more i do this the worse its gets. somtimes like when im shopping or something i feel like my eyes are falling forwards and everything seems closer to me than they are. Weird i know, but i do think its all related with anxiety... it sucks, but your not alone.

Old 09-04-2005, 02:44 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

lindaslou sounds a bit like derealisation, details of this anxiety related condition on the net

yes, vision problems are quite common when anxious or paniicky

to mike, try to relax, dont tense up or fight back, and do breathe deep and slow

Old 09-04-2005, 02:48 PM   #7

mike_1984 HB User

Thanks guys. I appreciate all the comments

Old 09-05-2005, 02:22 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

lindsalou HB User

nobody as ever told me that my visual disturbance was cause by derealization, id never heard of it before. ive read some posts on here that i can really relate to, i honestly thought it was something like an undiagnosed tumor or something (im always convinced somethin more sinister is happening). Its reassured me no end. Thanks.

Closed Thread