It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2005, 05:55 PM   #1
(female)

redrainbow HB User
People who take Lexapro

I just started taking 10mg of Lexapro. It's been 4 days and the first day I felt a little sick but calm. Second day I started stressing more than usual and had this huge crying spell. Third day I was just great. Fourth day I started crying and getting more anxious than ever. It's like a pattern. Does this stuff happen to other people? Should I give Lexapro a chance? Ugh.

Last edited by redrainbow; 09-03-2005 at 05:56 PM.

Old 09-03-2005, 08:03 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User
Re: People who take Lexapro

I started Lexapro about 2 weeks ago and yes I think you should give it a chance.........like at least a few more weeks it could take that long or more to kick in good and even out.The only side effect I have experianced is dizzness/lightheadedness off and on.I know it isnt working to the full potential yet,but I can tell it is helping me in a big way already I was obsessing over my heart because of palpitations I have been having ,which I am still having,but I am not obsessing anymore or worrying about "do I have a heart problem?" I just live my life and wait to see what the doctors say.......not to say it has made everything perfect I still have issue with anxiety but not as bad . GIVE IT A CHANCE!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-03-2005, 09:27 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

WannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB User

Hi redrainbow,

I agree with tnmomoffive. Give it a few more weeks time. It take 4 - 8 wks. for Lexapro to fully work. Then it really made a difference in my life. I am much more calm and when I do get upset, it does not take long to get over it! Some drs. give you something else for the hard days, until the Lexapro does all of its job.

Keep trying it and see if it works for you. Hang in there. Wannabe

Old 09-04-2005, 12:35 PM   #4
(female)

NANAX10 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnmomofive
I started Lexapro about 2 weeks ago and yes I think you should give it a chance.........like at least a few more weeks it could take that long or more to kick in good and even out.The only side effect I have experianced is dizzness/lightheadedness off and on.I know it isnt working to the full potential yet,but I can tell it is helping me in a big way already I was obsessing over my heart because of palpitations I have been having ,which I am still having,but I am not obsessing anymore or worrying about "do I have a heart problem?" I just live my life and wait to see what the doctors say.......not to say it has made everything perfect I still have issue with anxiety but not as bad . GIVE IT A CHANCE!
Hello..........do you mind me asking how long you have had palpitations? Have they lasted for weeks? Do you find that Lexapro has helped them? Any information would be appreciated!

Old 09-05-2005, 01:34 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

to redrainbow
it should help to reduce the dose a while by cutting the tablet into halves or even quarters ( assuming its a tablet)
a pill cutter can be got from a pharmacist

Old 09-05-2005, 04:17 PM   #6
(female)

rainy_daze HB User

I haven't been having as much anxiety since I've been using Lexapro (5mg). I tried reducing it to 2.5mg but this weekend has been non-stop anxiety for me. So I am going to continue with the 5mg until there is a better oppurtunity to try again.

Old 09-06-2005, 05:55 AM   #7
(female)

shandielee HB User

I am on lexapro as well and the first week was pretty hard but I had my xanax to get me threw it and I still take it 3 times a day as I am on only 5mg of the lexapro. I am going to be jumping it up to 10 soon. I love it as it has made me not worry about every little thing. I was told on Friday that I need to see a Gyno ASAP as they did a CAT scan last week on my tummy and found a very large cyst on my left overy and that it needs to come out and be tested for cancer as it was not their 2 months ago. Now the old me would be sick and scared to death but the new me with the help of lexapro is just taking it one day at a time and will deal with it when I see the Gyno tomorrow...I also used to get the palps but no longer do but I also had blood that was way to thick and caused blood clots in my lungs so now i am on a blood thinner so that is what I am sure was causing my palps. no do not go thinking that you have blood clots as I had 2 blood clotting disorders that caused this..

Old 09-07-2005, 06:04 PM   #8
(female)

redrainbow HB User

Okay, I've been taking it for 8 days, and I don't think I am as anxious anymore. I even noticed that I stopped having rapid heartbeat. but I'm pretty much more depressed than ever. Does anyone have THAT as a side affect? I thought Lexapro was also for depression. I guess I'll give it a chance because now it only makes me naseaus(sp???) for a few min. in the morning. Seriously though, will I ever stop feeling sick?

Old 09-07-2005, 09:56 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

WannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB User

Hi redrainbow,

It will stop making you sick. Just hang in a little longer! I was nauseus for the first week that I took it and everytime that I changed dosages. It was like starting over, when you up your dose. Yeah, no more rapid heartbeat, either. I used to be a lot depressed. I know this - Lexapro - is supposed to be a anti-depressant, but for a week or two, along the way, it made me feel depressed, too. It went away, mostly.

Keep trudging along. You will feel better. Wannabe

Old 09-08-2005, 05:24 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

americandancer HB User

It worked great for my anxiety, but also made me feel a little depressed. I think because it made me so tired. Does that really ever go away? I don't even suffer from depression, I don't think. I have always been diagnosed with anxiety/panic disorder. But, like you redrainbow, I felt some depression while taking it. It's awesome for anxiety though!!!

Old 09-08-2005, 06:25 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User

now that you mention being tired americandancer ya know this is the firast anti depressant to NOT make me feel tired.Of course it can be different for all of us,but im glad I got sick of every anxiety med making me tired.

Old 09-08-2005, 07:58 AM   #12
(male)

Ploch HB User

day 5 for me. took a sleep aid last night so i slept a few hours. anxiety woke me up early....could not fall back to sleep. Driving to work i had a terrible anxiety attack. looks like i am in survival mode again today. i feel for you Redrainbow....stay strong.

Old 09-10-2005, 07:48 AM   #13
(female)

redrainbow HB User

Thank you . I dunno, I just feel like feeling "okay" or somewhat "normal" is really not gonna happen. But it's good to find people who can relate.

Closed Thread