It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2005, 07:50 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

mjewell HB Usermjewell HB Usermjewell HB Usermjewell HB User
Talking Feeling so sick the last few days, sound like anxiety?

Hi everyone -

Well I have been posting a lot lately because I have been going through a bad bout of anxiety for about 3 weeks now. The last 3 or 4 days have been REALLY bad. I have been under a lot of stress, easily upset and depressed, so I am not surprised if the anxiety is taking a toll on my body/health, but I just wanted to get some of your thoughts on this and see if anyone else has felt this.

So this is about day 5 that I have been feeling almost constantly nauseous, fatigued and headachy. I haven't been feeling hungry at all and every time I eat i feel barfy. This causes me even more anxiety because of my vomiting phobia. (No, I'm not prego I kind of feel like I am really dehydrated, but I am drinking plenty of water. So of course as a result I am having a lot of anxiety about going places and doing anything. I have been taking two .5 mg Xanax a day for about two weeks, and I usually only take it as needed, maybe 1 every other day or so. it doesn't seem like the Xanax is working very well, maybe only for an hour or two where it usually lasts all day. But, that could be just because I am feeling so sick.

Has anyone else felt sick like this for more than a few days in a row from anxiety? What helps? I even went and got a massage today and don't feel any better - usually that helps me a lot. I have been exercising too, so I'm not sure what the deal is. Maybe I am just really worn down? I almost feel like I have a virus but since this feeling is so common with me when my anxiety is bad I doubt it - it just never lasts more than a day or two before now. I hate feeling awful like this!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-03-2005, 08:05 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

GatsbyLuvr1920 HB UserGatsbyLuvr1920 HB UserGatsbyLuvr1920 HB User
Re: Feeling so sick the last few days, sound like anxiety?

I've had extremely severe panic attacks for a whole week, and they're still going strong! Stupid college and stupid OCD! The panic's getting worse, unfortunately. I've woken up for the past few days with a bad panic attack, and I'll be drenched in sweat from the hot flashes and worry. Yesterday, during my first Freshman Seminar, I had a really bad one, and I don't know why b/c there really wasn't much to be scared of. Anyway, my breathing was just pure hyperventilation, and as soon as I got back to my dorm, I threw myself on the bed b/c my whole body was shaking, my heart was racing faster than normal, and I literally couldn't catch my breath- this has never happened before... Yesterday, before this episode, I was eating an orange for lunch, and I couldn't even hold the orange to eat b/c my hands were shaking so badly. My legs shake, too. Forgot to mention that I've been so thirsty, too, which makes me worry about having diabetes, but I'm not urinating constantly- I truly feel I am dehydrated b/c I've been so hot from the stupid panic attacks... I understand your pain, mjewell. Write to me if you ever want to vent. I hope you feel better soon. God bless.
-GatsbyLuvr1920-

Last edited by GatsbyLuvr1920; 09-03-2005 at 08:07 PM.

Old 09-03-2005, 08:12 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User

I am no doctor ,but yeah I think it is anxiety.I know you have stated you have belly problems with yours for me it is usualy other physical things,but they can last for days and weeks at a time too.You have been upset about that nurse and your doctor and also nervous about the jury duty thing and whatever else is going on or has ,so I think this the effect of it all on you.
I hope you can find a way to breathe easy and relax .........I am glad I started taking Lexapro it really is starting to help me I still worry,but I dont really obsess like I was before.I also love my benzo's they get me through the night with sleep

hope you feel better real soon

Old 09-03-2005, 08:18 PM   #4
(female)

bocana HB User

Hi mjewell,

Maybe the jury duty and DR. response set you off on a panic spiral. I think anytime one feels vulnerable (and angry) it makes panic worse. Maybe think of it as reaction that takes a couple of days to calm down. Wish the xanax was working better. I really think once our (sympathetic) nervous systems get going, it is hard to slow it down.

Good luck to you and take care....

Old 09-03-2005, 10:12 PM   #5
(female)

holst HB User

I don't mean to scare you, but I had the same thing starting last year. It was a couple months after I weaned off Zoloft and I never had a panic attack until then. I had constant nausea, dizziness, headaches, and weird hot tingly feelings. This lasted for 2 solid months until I went on Lexapro. I lost 25 pounds and couldn't work. I think mine was so bad because I had never experienced it before and just kept freaking out about it, thinking it would never go away - but I've learned that it does and as hard as it is to do, you just gotta tell yourself that it will pass. I also have a fear of vomiting because I'm type 1 diabetic and vomiting can throw that outta control.

I'm sorry you are going through this. Have you tried yoga, accupuncture or exercise for relief? I do Qi Gong, which is an ancient Chinese healing practice similar to Tai Chi. You do a series of slow movements and it is very relaxing. It's supposed to get the good energy flowing in your body.

Also, have you tried Xanax XR? A .5 mg. will last 8-12 hours and might work better for you in this situation. I take them as needed about every other day. But when you're in a panic mode like this, you might need it every day for awhile.

It will pass, and you will get through it.

Old 09-04-2005, 08:27 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

twanger HB User

I know what you mean. In fact, I was getting ready to post this am. I have been under a lot of stress for several months. Just everything was getting to me. Now, I have the nausea. It doesn't stop me from eating but it is bothersome. I was wondering if it is from anxiety also. I think that it is.

Closed Thread