It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2005, 05:49 PM   #1
(female)

rainy_daze HB User
Anxiety Triggers

I've noticed that most people with panic and anxiety have certain situational triggers that cause them to experience symptoms.

There are things that I stress about and things that I worry about. But I don't really have a trigger for my anxiety. There is nothing happening in my life that hasn't happened before or is any more stress than things I've experienced in the past. I have only recently been having panic attacks for which I use 5mg of Lexapro.

I suppose the fear of anxiety itself is what drives it. There is always this cloud over me and when I do certain things I worry about having an attack. Is there anyone who relates to this?

Also, someone mentioned hyperventilation syndrome on another thread and it does sound like what I experience. On the other hand, it sounds A LOT like a panic attack as well. So are these two simply related? Does the fact that I don't have anxiety over any one thing mean that I lean more towards hyperventilation syndrome than anxiety?

This past weekend when I tried lowering my dose to 2.5mg I experienced chest pain and shortness of breath the entire weekend. Is this normal in terms of a panic attack that lasts all day long?

Old 09-05-2005, 07:18 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

crabbyroad HB User
Re: Anxiety Triggers

Quote:
I suppose the fear of anxiety itself is what drives it. There is always this cloud over me and when I do certain things I worry about having an attack.
That is your trigger, it does not have to be physical, financial,etc-- simple fear of, worry if you do (fill in blank) may result in an attack.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2005, 08:30 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Felicia65 HB User

rainy daze Worry is why your cup is over flowing, and yes I have been there . Do your self a big favor don't play with your meds. I know you don;t wont to take them but for now do as the doctor tells you. I know I have done the same thing and it does not work only makes it worse. Try to relax and let them pass, easy said I know But do not let it comsume you. Felicia

Old 09-06-2005, 04:14 AM   #4
(female)

rainy_daze HB User

Ironically, listening to my doctor is what got my panic attacks in the first place. I wish I never touched medication.

Old 09-06-2005, 04:40 AM   #5
(female)

anxietysucks HB User

I usually don't have anything that triggers an attack. I can be mowing the grass and start feeling one coming on.

There are the usual obvious things that will get anyone triggered ie., screaming, a frightening event, etc. Mine are daily and come from no where. I wish I did know how to stop them. Good luck!

Old 09-06-2005, 09:51 AM   #6
(female)

Tiggerredz HB User

Rainy Daze,

Medication is what also started mine. I was fine until I tried Wellbutrin and that started my panic attacks and anxiety. How long has it been since this happened to you? It has been 7 months for me now, I can not put my finger on what causes mine to happen either, some days are better than others, I wish you luck in this battle!

Old 09-06-2005, 04:01 PM   #7
(female)

rainy_daze HB User

This all started this summer. I will actually be happy when the summer is over and it's nice and cool outside. Being warm and uncomfortable seems to be a contributor as well.

The funny thing is that in the past I would sometimes wake up startled and gasping for air. This would only happen on rare occasions and didn't involve much panic. It merely felt as though I had been holding my breath in my sleep and needed air suddenly. When I started getting panics I thought about these occasions and at first I thought it was Sleep Apnea, but I was told these were panic attacks.

So maybe the panic was there all along, the medication just made these rarities much worse.

Old 09-06-2005, 06:54 PM   #8
(female)

Tiggerredz HB User

That is what my docter told me. I can remember instances in my life where I look back now and see that I have had panic attacks, I just didn't know what they were and they weren't as severe as the ones I have now, the medication just brought to the surface something that was hiding there all along.

Old 09-06-2005, 08:28 PM   #9
(female)

Alyna25 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerredz
Rainy Daze,

Medication is what also started mine. I was fine until I tried Wellbutrin and that started my panic attacks and anxiety. How long has it been since this happened to you? It has been 7 months for me now, I can not put my finger on what causes mine to happen either, some days are better than others, I wish you luck in this battle!
zoloft for me! for me it's a perceived threat, that something might happen or is happening that I don't know about, like when I can't get ahold of someone I love on the phone for hours. then when I do I blow up at them to release my anxiety. xanax helped with this but now my doc is being stingy with it, I can't help it if others abuse the drug, what about us people who seriously need it!!!

Old 09-06-2005, 08:44 PM   #10
(male)

xander028 HB User

to anxietysucks.. Same here. No rhyme or reason.. Just happens. even when I am doing something I enjoy.. Cant put my finger on it..

Closed Thread