It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2005, 07:58 PM   #1
(male)

drummer22 HB User
Anxiety Issue - Can Anyone Relate?

I starded getting anxiety attacks about two years ago, and it pops up during any time it likes.

I get shortness of breath, my body begins to tingle at spots, and I go into a bit of a panic (causing you to almost become more conscience of what's happening around you), which causes me some chest tension. Also, it seems that when it occurs, the more I think about it, the worse it gets, if anyone understands what I mean.

It always seems to happen when I'm having a good time, or when a party or something is in the near future; It's like I realize that I'm having a good time, raising my esteem, and the anxiety kicks in and brings me right back down, telling me ' What if something goes wrong? What if...etc '.

I was wondering if anyone had these types of moments.

Old 09-05-2005, 08:23 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Felicia65 HB User
Re: Anxiety Issue - Can Anyone Relate?

drummer, hello I am here to tell you that you are in the right place, That is true anxiety , Have you seen a doctor yet? if not maybe you should, Even though this will not hurt you in any way it is a bad way too live . Matbe you should read some treads on here and I am sure you can relate, and get a better understanding of what you are dealing with. Some people have it worst then others but the way you feel is the same . Your body is doing over time and is over reacting to things. The better you understand the better you will feel about this. God bless Felicia

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2005, 08:56 PM   #3
(male)

drummer22 HB User

Thanks so much for your reply. It's nice to here from such sincere people.

Will these attacks eventually harm me? ie bring me a sooner death, or are they more of an inconvenience?

Old 09-06-2005, 04:52 AM   #4
(female)

anxietysucks HB User

Hey- that's me!!

Old 09-06-2005, 02:08 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

SRMom HB User

Hi drummer22:

It might seem like your anxiety comes up just to bring you down a notch, but I don't think anxiety is that smart. It seems to come up when there has been a lot of anticipation of an event or extra worry over something. You're going along fine, then wham! Out of nowhere, a panic attack. I believe it is an accumulation of stress, good or bad, and when you reach your threshold, the anxiety spills over into an anxiety or panic attack.

I don't think an anxiety attack can harm you physically, however I believe that if you go too long with this problem and don't find ways to cope, the stress will eventually have negative effects on your physical and mental health. There is a lot of info out there. You could start research on your own, get a checkup with your doctor and talk to him/her about your options too. I think the sooner you do something, the less chance that you will become disabled by it.

Best wishes!

-SRMom

Old 09-06-2005, 02:51 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

lindsalou HB User

i totally agree with srmom. I always feel like if im having a good day, somehow the subconcious anxiety kicks in, as if to say 'your having a good time, now im gonna spoil it', its like having an unruly child always lurking in the background. My anxiety at its worst seems to kick in when im not thinkin about it or seem to chill out for a while. Im the same though, me and my partner went for a meal out with some friends, i felt ok most of the evening then 'bang' it hit and i had to go home, i felt like id ruined everyones evening. But its something you just cant help. I too suffer with the physical symtoms (thinking 'what if i really am dying- even though i no im not) it sucks, but its good to know your not alone. DO speak to your doc though, there are treatments available its just a case of finding one that suits you. Dont let it beat you, were all still here surviving it.

Closed Thread