It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2005, 09:50 AM   #1
(female)

anxietysucks HB User
Do You Suffer Occassional Days of Persistent Anxiety?

It's not ununusual for me in a given week to have one day where the anxiety is there constantly. As soon as the Xanax wears off, there it is. What's that about?

I'm one of the anxiety sufferers that do not have actual triggers. I can be doing a leisure activity on the weekend like planting flowers, and feel an attack coming on. I have a very stressful job, but some days the anxiety will only peak its head twice during 8 hours, and some days its the entire day until I fall asleep.

Do doctors recognize persistent anxiety? Or is there even such a thing? This anxiety disorder thing is really bizarre. I just don't get it. I called a psychiatrist today and asked if they work with anxiety disorders and was told "no". Wait till I tell my family doctor this since after 3 years he is suggesting I see one.

Old 09-06-2005, 09:54 AM   #2
(female)

Tiggerredz HB User
Re: Do You Suffer Occassional Days of Persistent Anxiety?

I do have days that it is there all day, I have days when the Xanax won't touch it either, it is weird, sometimes at work, I am fine, sometimes at work I am not fine. I can not put my finger on what causes it. I can be doing something I love or nothing at all, and anxiety is there, makes it really scary because I always think it is something else! But then there are hours in the day or days that I feel fine and that makes me think, yep....just anxiety!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2005, 10:07 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy101 HB User

Oh I definatly go thru times like this!!! I am coming out of about 3-4 weeks of this. I think the increase in med helped. I think this is considered GAD, but I am not sure. Do you practice muscle relaxation? I find that taking 10 -15 mins a day to do this along with some breathing exercises..that it really helps. Journaling also helps.

Old 09-06-2005, 11:12 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User

yeah I know what ya mean I can have it going on constant for weeks at a time .I used to take clonopin years back and once that worse off like you the anxiety came back.I know take Lexapro and ativan (only at night) but let me tell ya if I dont take the ativan at night I get all anxious and hot flusy and nasty feeling.your for sure not alone alot of us go through the same thing.
Mine also doesnt always have a trigger,but stress is deffinitly one

Old 09-06-2005, 03:57 PM   #5
(female)

rainy_daze HB User

Yes.

This weekend and even today I have been experiencing persistant anxiety. The weather has been a lot more humid and uncomfortable lately and my husband and I think that the heat might be contributing to it.

I find these occasions very frustrating because I become very tired which makes me moody. So I become emotional or feel even more stressed out because of the presistance.

Last edited by rainy_daze; 09-06-2005 at 04:01 PM.

Old 09-06-2005, 04:10 PM   #6
(female)

wiggles67 HB User

I have had severe anxiety for the past 2 years and intermittent 5 years prior to that. Not much works and I just have to live with it. I started Lexapro (after taking a million others) I am slowly working my up because of side effects. Anything and nothing can set it off. It is always there lurking. I have logged my foods, daily journal..everything..no pin points. I stay home becasue i feel safer but i still get attacks there. My feet tense up so much I find I stand on the outer sides of them to the point where the constantly ache. I feel like i work out in a gym for 10 hours a day. In fact my neck gets so tense that when I put my head back to try and stretch it, it feels like an episode of vertigo. Believe it or not I used to be a functioning human being. I {REMOVED}, worked full time, went to school and had 4 kids at the same time. Now that my life is uncomplicated I get this to keep me on my toes. Not nice at all

Last edited by ms_mod; 09-06-2005 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Please read the posting rules as to why your post was edited. Thanks, Ms_Mod

Old 09-06-2005, 04:12 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

mjewell HB Usermjewell HB Usermjewell HB Usermjewell HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerredz
I do have days that it is there all day, I have days when the Xanax won't touch it either, it is weird, sometimes at work, I am fine, sometimes at work I am not fine. I can not put my finger on what causes it. I can be doing something I love or nothing at all, and anxiety is there, makes it really scary because I always think it is something else! But then there are hours in the day or days that I feel fine and that makes me think, yep....just anxiety!
This is exactly how I am.

I have also been having persistent anxiety for about the last 3 weeks...however yesterday and today I think i might be coming out of it...I'm feeling MUCH better today. it is very weird and random - I don't know what causes it and I don't know what stops it...it is that feeling of loss of control that makes it a disorder I think.

Closed Thread