It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2005, 02:45 PM   #1

mike_1984 HB User
Stabing pain in head

Today, at work I started having extreme stabbing pains on the right side of my head. I'm actually still having them now. It feels like a sudden stab and goes away after about 30 seconds. I'm not sure what it is. I've had these before because of my TMJ but never this bad. They come on every few seconds. Can anyone help me? Has anyone ever had these things before?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2005, 06:28 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bell99 HB User
Re: Stabing pain in head

Could it be Cluster Headaches?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2005, 08:03 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

debill HB User

I get these quite often. Not sure what causes them but I have had cat scans and MRI's that show nothing is wrong. My neuro says it could be a tension headache.

Put a call into your PCP just to make you feel better.

Hope it goes away soon. They always scare the heck out of me.
deb

Old 09-06-2005, 09:59 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

faeriegirl25 HB User

I get these alot before I get migraine headaches.. sometimes they last for a few hours until the headache hits full force. I'm not really sure what causes them either, but if you are still having them and are really concerned, call your doc and get to the bottom of it.

Take Care
Fae

Old 09-07-2005, 06:18 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bell99 HB User

My migraines are like a ice pick behind one eye and also can be in my ear or side of my head. It's a terrible Nerve type pain. I see these commercials for Migraines and talk about "throbbing" on one side of the head. To me that is a typical headache.
Tension headaches tend to be more wrap around and your neck and shoulders will often hurt too.
I have seen a Neurologist for about 6 years and I too have NO answers.

Old 09-07-2005, 04:41 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

debill HB User

Bell99,

It is true that tension headaches wrap around your head most times but my neuro said my stabbing pain is started from a tension headache that turns into a muscle contraction. Whammo...I get this feeling that someone has stabbed me in the back of the head. It really is terrible.

I too get migraines but I would rather deal with them than the ice pick your describing. It sounds very painful.

deb

Closed Thread