It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2005, 04:20 PM   #1
(female)

broadway_baby13 HB User
Is this even remotely related to anxiety, or am I ill?

Hi once again!

Okay, now I am having this weird feeling in the back of my throat that makes me feel like I am going to gag or something. It makes me scared, I have had it since last night. I also have numerous stomach problems. I used to get a headache that would last for a week or more, but now those are gone, and it is stomach problems. I can't get to a doctor right now because of that stupid hurricane. I have no other resorts but you guys. Please help! Oh, and every morning that I wake up, I always have my stomach problems the worst! Like for example, this morning I had really bad burning in my throat and kind of in my upper chest area. I did eat something before I went to bed.
I started getting these problems around the time middle school ended. So, could all that possibly have been a trigger? I mean the upset of leaving school and all?

Sorry for so much info.!
Molly

Old 09-06-2005, 06:27 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User
Re: Is this even remotely related to anxiety, or am I ill?

That burning in your throat and chest area sounds like acid reflux or indigestion.I have had that loads of times tums or rolaids or any antacid should take it away or at least help.The gaging sensation could be from acid reflux also or if you do have anxiety it could be a panic reaction

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2005, 03:27 AM   #3
(female)

rainy_daze HB User

There is also something called Globus that is usually caused by anxiety. I started experiencing these same problems around the same time my anxiety got real bad.

Old 09-07-2005, 08:09 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

mjewell HB Usermjewell HB Usermjewell HB Usermjewell HB User

I don't know a lot about GERD but like tnmomofive said, your symptoms REALLY sound like that, and anxiety can definitely exacerbate symptoms and vice versa.

I get terrible heartburn that upsets my whole tummy and chest region every few months or so and it has me about doubled over in pain, then I get anxiety on top of it. I find that Mylanta works very well...kinda hard to swallow the liquid but it works.

Where are you located? I hope everything is ok where you live. God bless you!

Old 09-07-2005, 08:31 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

lindsalou HB User

i get that feeling in my throat, but i also suffer terrible with acid reflux and stomach problems, these worsen when im anxious. try a good antacid like zantac, i find it helps. my symptoms get worse too when im hungry. anxiety always seems to make any ailment worse. my neighbor has reflux and when he has an attack he seems to handle it well, whereas i go into a blind panic, previous posters have offered some sound advice, i hope it helps ease you mind a little.

Old 09-07-2005, 12:53 PM   #6
(male)

Rkoa63 HB User

I have alot of stomach issues that are related to anxiety. My stomach would constantly feel sick. So i went to the health food store and someone there recommended Ginger Root. It comes in a liquid and capsule. I take the liquid because i hear it starts working faste. Whenever my stomach feels sicks i boil some water and mix in the ginger root. There are plenty of other things at the health store that will also work but i found this works the best for me. Best of luck to you

Closed Thread