It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2005, 11:07 AM   #1
(male)

uk_worried_guy HB User
Armpit Issues

Hello again friendly people of healthboards!

Right, the past 2/3 weeks - my left armpit has been "uncomfortable" (im a man by the way).... It doesn't ache or anything, but if i hold my arm down close to my side... feels "odd". I've tried prodding round in there looking for lymph nodes, got to say... it feels a bit tender, but cant say ive found anything, not that i know what im looking for....

I've also been REALLY stressed out the past 2 months...... and, note, i have bad health anxiety.....

Is this something to worry about??? is it something which happens with anxiety??? or is this something which needs immediate attention!!! ive been doign some 'research' on the internet, and have been told it could be anything from HIV, to Lymphoma, and more - so, obviously, i got worried.

I've read a few posts which said, though, that armpits can play up when your anxious!!! is that true????

Also, my back & Shoulders/neck have been really achy/tense for the last couple of weeks too...

Old 09-07-2005, 11:15 AM   #2
(female)

awm38 HB User
Re: Armpit Issues

Sounds more like muscle tension to me.....i too have severe health anxiety, but im dealing with it day by day. At one point i said "whatever is meant to be, will be", it helps me cope sometimes because the worry gets to be too much to deal with, and i throw my hands up and say....whatever! If you have a knot under your arm, you will be able to feel it, the nodes are right in the deepest (indention) under your armpits. Dont freak out, but if it continues to bother you, go see your Dr.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2005, 01:41 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy101 HB User

I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that you are simply fighting off a bug. You can feel tenderness in the pits without feeling an actual enlarged node. Take some Vit C and zinc and a warm bath...you will be fine

Old 09-07-2005, 09:40 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

WannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB User

Hi flashvik,

It could be anxiety or something else. But my guess is anxiety. When I first started getting anxiety attacks about 10 yrs. ago, it started in my arm pits and my sides, up by my chest. Pain in the sides and the arm pits. Also my under arms seemed to be a little swollen or knobby. For me, it was just a certain kind of phase of anxiety.

After a few years (3-4) of that, I started having chest pains too. I am sure I will probably progress to something else next (another symptom of anxiety/stress). But I am on Lexapro right now and it helps me a lot! By the way, I was totally checked out for heart problems - 5 tests - and am only 20% blocked. Which is normal for my age.

Hope you can get some answers and some help. Take care. Wannabe

Old 09-08-2005, 01:27 AM   #5
(male)

uk_worried_guy HB User

thank you everyone :-) im feeling a LOT more at ease now!

***Update***

went to see my doctor this morning - he had a good prod round there - and said, "dont worry, no swollen lymphs or anything, its almost certainly muscle sprain" - what i didn't know, however, is a sprain can take WEEKS to clear sometimes.

Last edited by flashvik; 09-08-2005 at 05:30 AM.

Old 09-08-2005, 09:24 AM   #6
(female)

Kiyuri07 HB User

I've had underarm problems for the past 2 months also. I still haven't figured out the problem aswell. =\ I too have bad anxiety..

Old 09-08-2005, 01:16 PM   #7
(male)

nvisible HB User

I have been scoring the message boards to look for the same problem you have. I have the same deal. My arm pits seem swollen. I am stressed out almost all the time. I have a pain in my side. I have been to the doctor and all the test were fine. I don't know. I have been dealing with this since March. No swollen lymph nodes...nothing. Please email me if you find out what is up.

Closed Thread