It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2005, 04:46 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

debill HB User
Klonopin Withdrawel????Help...

I have only been on Klonopin for a month now. Started out as .5 mg in morning and 1 mg before bed. I also take 12.5 mg of Paxil Cr.

I have started to wean..with doctors okay from the Klonopin to see if the Paxil is doing the trick since the Klonopin makes me feel depressed.

First I reduced to .5 before bed and .5 in morning. I did this for several days and then went to .25 in am and .25 in pm. I was okay with this for about 2 days. I felt great all day today..no depression or anything. Then all of a sudden I got strange sensations in the back of my head, really tired and I also felt like I couldn't talk right. I layed down and took a nap and I feel a bit better but I kind of feel out of it.

I called my pharmicist and he said it is possible for withdrawel but I really wasn't on the med very long.

Has anyone else had a similiar experience. This is really scaring me.

deb

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2005, 06:45 PM   #2
(female)

tmarie HB User
Re: Klonopin Withdrawel????Help...

I slowly went off klonopin.....I was on it for about 8 months and just got off of it completely about 2 weeks ago. I did have withdrawls. I can only explain it as feeling really weird within my head. It lasted about a week.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2005, 07:09 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

debill HB User

That's how I feel. Really weird. But also have a funny headache.

All I know is I don't like it and I want it to go away.

deb

Old 09-08-2005, 09:22 AM   #4
(female)

Derangea HB User

I have always started to wean myself off of Klonopin after being on it 9 months. It was making me depressed as well and didn't seem to do much for my anxiety. For 9 months I was taking .5mg/3 times a day. I started the weening process 2 weeks ago. This is what my doctor told me to do to ween myself off:

.25mg/3x day for 2 weeks
.25mg/2x day for 2 weeks
.25mg/1x day for 2 weeks
.25mg every other day for 2 weeks
STOP

So its gonna take a while but so far I haven't had any problems at all. If anything I think I'm doing alot better without it. I'll let you know if I run into any problems because withdrawal can happen anytime and no matter how much you ween yourself you'll feel the effects. But so far I haven't had any problems. Hope this helps

Old 09-08-2005, 10:30 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

debill HB User

Thanks Derangea,

I goto my psych doc today so hopefully he can help me out with that. Do you take anything besides the klonopin. I also take paxil cr. I too find the klonopin makes me feel depressed but if I miss a dose I feel shakey and have all those withdrawel symptoms that I mentioned above.

I am hoping that my paxil will get raised today. I am on the lowest dose. Hopefully with a little more of that I won't need the klonopin. I hate taking meds but for right now it's the only thing getting me through this awful time.

I hope your weaning process goes well.

deb

Old 09-08-2005, 10:41 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

SRMom HB User

Have you considered that it might be the Paxil that is making you feel this way? I had an awful experience with Paxil, having the same problems you describe and more. Just a thought.

Old 09-08-2005, 12:33 PM   #7
(female)

Derangea HB User

Debil - I'm also taking 40mg or Prozac and 200mg of Lamictal a day. I'm diagnosed as bipolar but instead of me having the "ups" where I feel great I usually have the really bad major depression and then the really bad anxiety where I can't even function. So going off the Klonopin seemed like the right thing to do. I was in a major depression for a while so I obviously needed a SSRI which has seemed to be helping. And the Lamictal helps keep my moods a little more stable so I'm hoping that once the Klonopin is out of my system I can depend on just those to ease my anxiety attacks. Someday I know I wont need to take any meds. But for right now I know that I do need them just to get by and do what I gotta go. Best of luck to you with your pdoc

Old 09-08-2005, 06:26 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

debill HB User

SRmom,

I am pretty sure it is the klonopin. Once I drop the dose for a day a two the depression lifts. But then I am left feeling anxious. Paxil worked out once before for me so I hope it does again.

Derangea,

My doc upped my dose of Paxil cr to 25 mg today. He said to stay on the klonopin at .5 mg in am and pm for another week or so to see if the paxil kicks in more and then we will start to taper the klonopin.

How are you doing with your tapering?

deb

Old 09-09-2005, 05:36 AM   #9
(female)

Derangea HB User

I got through the first two weeks taking half of much as I did before with no problems. But now I begin the 2 weeks when I take only .25mg/twice a day. I'm kinda worried. But I know just worrying about it will just give me more anxiety *L* So I'm trying not to think about it and just go on my daily routine like nothing changed with my meds. I'll let you know how it goes. And I think your doctor has a good plan, better than most.

Closed Thread