It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2005, 07:01 AM   #1
(female)

liberty_88 HB User
Unhappy Dizzyness

I need help. Does any one else get Anxiety related dizzyness? i thought i had mine under control, but it just comes back. i an so tied of it., It is realy destroying my life. I'm 17 years old and canot go anywhere with out some one, not even to the local shops as it seems to triger dizzyness. i cannot go to the hair dresser, dentist, cinema or resturant as my dizzyness is related to situations where i cannot get out of eaily. this makes going to the dentist impossible as i feel as htough the room is spinning violently. The only way to make it go away is to get up and walk. even then it still stays. I have trouble showering as that i yet another triggure, and even laying down to go to bed has me in fear as it seems to be intensified in certian positions when laying down.
This is ruling my life, and i have been to many doctors and pycologists yet all they sugest to do is calming exercises when i do have one of these attacks....they do not work.

please does nay one have anything for me to try. iwould realy apriciate it.

thank you.
Nicole

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2005, 11:00 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SRMom HB User
Re: Dizzyness

Hi Nicole:

Yes, I get that dizzyness sometimes with my anxiety. You can look up derealization and depersonalization on the internet. You could have a problem with your inner ear, but it sounds like you've been checked out by your doctor. They probably don't want to put you on any medication because of your age. Have you learned any deep breathing techniques from your psychologists? People with our problem sometimes forget to breathe deeply because they are so tensed up. I also carry mints with me to suck on when I feel like that, and it distracts me from focusing on my anxiety. You could try something like Dramamine (don't get the non-drowsy type) for motion sickness, or Benadryl. You can buy these at the drug store without a prescription. They have a medication that calms. It would be worth a try, but be sure to only take as directed. Good luck...I hope you feel better soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2005, 12:54 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

jbbrocky HB User

are you sure you dont have an inner ear disorder? i took paxil for my dizziness and it pretty much whiped it out.

Old 09-08-2005, 01:30 PM   #4
(male)

SirReal HB User

Very common. This is often the most frustrating symptom of anxiety. I have had my inner ear checked twice and they found nothing. I have also had dizziness for several years. Medication to control anxiety has actually helped the dizziness so i can only assume that 'it' was the cause.

Old 09-08-2005, 02:07 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

to liberty
dizzyness is common for anxiety sufferers and is usually diagnosed by ruling out all other possible causes
also look up lightheadedness at google

tracel sickness pills sometimes help, so does valium

Closed Thread