It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2005, 06:44 PM   #1
(female)

megustapunkrock HB User
Red face Anyone Else?

In large department stores I feel like everything is a dream. I have been getting sharp pains in my chest. I have very sore spots on my scalp that hurt to touch and my neck is tense. I have also had arm and leg pain. Just got blood work back, everything is fine except that my red blood cell count is suppose to be at 20 but it is at 19 so I am very midly anemic. I was all freaked out that these were symptoms of Leukemia but, I guess that would have shown up in the blood test right? I was also concerned of brain tumour. Any comments?

Old 09-08-2005, 08:21 PM   #2
(female)

mishkaaa HB User
Re: Anyone Else?

i think any signs of leukemia would show up in the blood test.
if you're worried about a brain tumor, an mri is the best way to go to rule that out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2005, 02:12 AM   #3
(male)

uk_worried_guy HB User

"In large department stores I feel like everything is a dream. I have been getting sharp pains in my chest. I have very sore spots on my scalp that hurt to touch and my neck is tense. I have also had arm and leg pain."

Yes, have had ALL of those! (with anxieety)

yes, leukemia WOULD show up on your blood work

NO, doesn't sound like a brain tumor at all!!!

Old 09-09-2005, 07:37 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User

I agree it is anxiety.I have felt that same way.Your doctor would of found out with the blood work if you had to worry about cancer.I also do not believe that you have a brain tumor.When I first started having bouts with anxiety I too thought I had a brain tumor and went doctor to doctor to find out well eventualy after having an MRI through a neurologist he sugessted I go see a phsycologist.

Try not to worry I know it is far from easy

Old 09-09-2005, 08:23 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Punkdizzle HB User

sounds like derealization.. pretty common with anxiety/panic.

Old 09-09-2005, 08:36 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

SRMom HB User

I agree it's anxiety...department stores and malls do this to me sometimes too, especially after I take and elevator or escalator. I think the lights bother me too. I have to take a half a Xanax if I go to the mall sometimes.

Old 09-09-2005, 11:32 AM   #7
(female)

Tiggerredz HB User

I feel the same way in large stores. I feel out of it like I am walking through a dream, then if I take my medicine I am usually fine. Those places are stressful anyway, I think anxiety just makes it worse. I try to keep my sunglasses on.

Old 09-09-2005, 05:49 PM   #8
(female)

megustapunkrock HB User

I know but I mean when I pushone of the sore spots on my scalp it feels like it hurts other part of my head. there is like a pinching feeling.

Old 09-10-2005, 01:29 AM   #9
(male)

uk_worried_guy HB User

of course! the top of your head is COVERED in nerve endings, and so if you have a slight inflammation (due to a spot) when you press it, it will trigger other nerve endings, please dont worry!!!! (though, thats easier said than done)

If you did have anything sinister like a brain tumor - which was undiagnosed/untreated - you would NOT be in a state to be making board-postings......

Old 09-10-2005, 09:28 AM   #10
(male)

mccory301 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by megustapunkrock
In large department stores I feel like everything is a dream. I have been getting sharp pains in my chest. I have very sore spots on my scalp that hurt to touch and my neck is tense. I have also had arm and leg pain. Just got blood work back, everything is fine except that my red blood cell count is suppose to be at 20 but it is at 19 so I am very midly anemic. I was all freaked out that these were symptoms of Leukemia but, I guess that would have shown up in the blood test right? I was also concerned of brain tumour. Any comments?

I have all the same symptoms that your having and it is caused by anxiety. Anxiety does not show up in the blood or brain. You also might be experiencing some symptoms of chemical imbalance also cause by anxiety where the nerves arent communicating correctly. I was scared at first also but talk to your doctor about ways to correct it. Eating more ofthese foods can really help you out: Fish, eggs, milk, meat, cheese, whole grains, broccoli, chicken, apples, cheerios, greens. All of these are source of Vitamin B, what your body is lacking. Talk to your doctor about Vitamin B vitamins. I just started and its really helping me out

Closed Thread