It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2005, 07:44 PM   #1
(female)

mishkaaa HB User
fear of going crazy

i have a new fear that sprouted today.
a fear of going crazy. like, mentally crazy.
i don't know why. maybe i am having a nervous breakdown?
i have been feeling dizzy the past week or so which i'm assuming is from anxiety since i've had MRI's and bloodwork done and all have come back normal. i don't know why i feel like this.
can someone please tell me that they can relate?
i overheard some girl on the bus home from school today talking about how she wanted to go see that new exorcism movie, and for some reason, i'm afraid of being possessed now? i don't know. this all just happened tonight. it was extremely random. i don't know why i am like this right now, i just feel very shakey and nauceous.

i'm going to see a pysch on tuesday .. but in the meantime, can anyone relate? and share and tips for how to get over this? thanks

Old 09-14-2005, 06:42 AM   #2
(female)

Effexor XR HB User
Re: fear of going crazy

Hi there. How did it go with the psych? I can totally relate. I sometimes feel like I'm going to lose it, like i can't control my feelings and my mind is taking control of me and there's nothing i can do about it. What helps me out is talking to people, like "I'm I imagining this......or "Am I crazy but did this actually happen..., etc. I tell people close to me all the time, i feel like i'm going to go completely looney, noone understands me though because they're all somewhat "normal".

Hang in there!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2005, 11:51 AM   #3
(male)

SirReal HB User

One of my toughest things to get through was having these types of "scary thoughts". I would see something on TV or on the news and start to feel very anxious like "that" was going to happen to me. If I saw an ambulance parked outside of my office, for instance, I would worry that I was going to pass out and need to be taken to the hospital. In short, this is very common and your psychiatrist should have some techniques to distract your mind from these type of thoughts.

Old 09-14-2005, 11:54 AM   #4
(male)

kingam HB User

as my dr. told me way back when... if you have any concept of what crazy IS then you are not going crazy.

someone who is crazy has no concept of sane vs. crazy... they wouldnt even think to question their sanity because it would be out of their realm.

this is a common anxiety symptom that i get myself and you just have to try and label it for what it is: an unfounded fear.

Old 09-14-2005, 11:58 AM   #5
Veteran
(male)

bkm4673 HB User

i understand u alot i get like that and i feel that way now. i had bloodwork done it was normal a catscan it was normal and now im going to the nuerologist today i hope he can shed some light cause i feel crazy and dizzy etc... i saw emily rose exorcism and i felt like something crazy like that could appen to me but ihave ocd al;so...do u take meds? im starting lexapro and im 32 male.

Old 09-14-2005, 12:03 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

anxiety sufferers dont go crazy but fear of going crazy is common
being too suggestable is common for anxiety sufferers

i hope mikasaas psych has some advice on how to cope, sadly many psychs have little or no advice to offer, they just sit there and listen and prescribe still more meds

dizzyness is often from anxiety, learning new ways to relax helps to reduce the anxiety and stress,so reducing the dizzyness

if very stressed, it helps to have a stretch and to do some deep slow breathing

Old 09-14-2005, 03:05 PM   #7
(male)

kingam HB User

i started zoloft on sunday. so we will see if it helps me. i have never been on any sort of SSRI, so im hoping it helps me...

as for the exorcism thing, i suppose thats a religious belief, but that one is easy for me because i am atheist.

the dizziness is a result of a change of oxygen levels in your blood. slow, deep breathing will re-regulate your body and get you the oxygen you need. just keep up the breathing and it will go away.

Old 09-14-2005, 07:01 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

faeriegirl25 HB User

Hi,
I have this thought ALOT. I dwell and dwell on this and I have a panic attack because of it. I have talked with my therapist and she says that this thought is really common among those with anxiety. Also, something that she told me that has really helped is that nobody goes crazy just like that, it takes years before something like that happens and its usually genetic.

When I have this thought, I always tell myself that its not true because you can't turn being crazy on and off. I remind myself that I was ok like 5 minutes ago until I started worrying.

I know its a scary thought, but hang in there hun.. you are not alone.

Take Care
Fae

Old 09-14-2005, 10:38 PM   #9
Veteran
(male)

bkm4673 HB User

hey i liked your advice also fae thxs

Old 09-15-2005, 07:22 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

Punkdizzle HB User

That is my biggest fear also.. i am so afraid i am gonna go crazy and have to get tossed in a padded cell. i dont worry at all about my physical health.

Old 09-15-2005, 02:51 PM   #11
(female)

mishkaaa HB User

thanks everyone for your replies

Old 09-18-2005, 04:34 PM   #12
(female)

silky233 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkm4673
i understand u alot i get like that and i feel that way now. i had bloodwork done it was normal a catscan it was normal and now im going to the nuerologist today i hope he can shed some light cause i feel crazy and dizzy etc... i saw emily rose exorcism and i felt like something crazy like that could appen to me but ihave ocd al;so...do u take meds? im starting lexapro and im 32 male.
^^^^HOLY CRAP! I had to reply to this..what you said about the emily rose thing was EXACTLY what I was thinking about a week ago. I never thought of it as a sign of anxiety. When I heard it was a real story I started to think "What would happen if that happened to me?" "how could I possibly stop that if it did happen to me"..just these crazy thoughts about it happening to me. And I was literally scared that something like that would occur. So thats weird that I am not the only one who though that.....

Closed Thread