It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2005, 01:23 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy101 HB User
Something I am thinking about

"I really believe that we anxiety sufferers are simply EXTEMLY sensitive to every change, touch, stimuli, chemical...everything that happens to and inside our bodies. I think we feel things that happen to everyone, but that most people never notice, they never feel it. There is some part of our brain that makes us more sensitive to these things. And subsequently it turns on the fight flight panic button and it is a vicious cycle."

This is part if what I said in another thread.

I am curious...those of you who suffer from panic/anxiety..do any of you also suffer from:

SVT/IST?

PVCs/PACs (palpitations, skipped heart beats, flutters)?

GERD (acid reflux - severe heartburn)?

IBS (irritable bowel syndrome)?

Headaches?

Allergies?

Fibromyalgia?

Chronic Pain?

Sensitive to medications/chemicals?

Very difficult child birth/labors?

Last edited by ms_mod; 09-09-2005 at 01:52 PM.

Old 09-09-2005, 01:32 PM   #2
(male)

eaap10 HB User
Re: Something I am thinking about...poll..

All ov the above.... except childbirth problems...I'm a guy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2005, 01:34 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

mjewell HB Usermjewell HB Usermjewell HB Usermjewell HB User

I would venture a guess that most everyone who experiences panic and extreme anxiety does have one or more of these symptoms because those symptoms are what causes the panic. I agree with you that we are more sensitive to those feelings and changes, but i do believe other people still feel them, they just don't overanalyze it - we do. I think THAT is the difference. For example, I do not get any of the derealisation, heart palps or chest pain panics that most of you get. I do feel those things from time to time but it doesn't bother me or send me into a panic, therefore it is not a problem for me. However, stomach issues DO send me into a panic. Most people that feel nauseous every now and again think nothing of it, whereas I get more and more anxious and make myself feel worse, terrified about throwing up, how do i get out of here, etc - spiraling anxiety!! Anywho, to answer your question, I get:

-Headaches, both migraine and tension
-tight muscles, particularly in the neck, shoulders and upper back
-fatigue
-nausea and stomach butterflies
-racing heart and hyperventilation, but only AFTER I start panicking
-diarrhea, indigestion, upset stomach and heartburn
-gagging
-I have noticed allergies in the last year but this is the first time in my life.

I am not at all senstitive to meds, in fact I have a very high tolerance for most drugs and alcohol.

Old 09-09-2005, 01:40 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy101 HB User

I do see what you are saying and I think that is probably what most ppl believe to be true. However, in talking to ppl who do not suffer from anxiety or related problems, I have found that they do not feel things that I feel. That it doesnt even register with them. Or they may feel it, but not enough so to remember or even recognize it as a thought. My hypothesis is that we feel these things stronger. Our bodies are more sensitive. So an increase in BP by 2 points would be unnoticable to Mr Non Anxiety, to Miss Anxiety, she may actually FEEL it. Or a tummy ache to a less sensitive person may not even be a thought, because it doesnt FEEL the same as it does to a very sensitive person. Know what I mean. I wish I was more educated so I could explain myself better LOL!!!

Old 09-09-2005, 01:46 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

I agree, I think we are on the same wavelength

Old 09-09-2005, 01:49 PM   #6
(female)

Tiggerredz HB User

I understand EXACTLY what you are saying Cheers44. I can tell when my BP raises even a few points. I get red and my face feels hot. I feel:
-Fuzzy head
-pain in chest, which I am learning maybe gas related
-Back to the fuzzy head, it is a weird feeling like I just know it is anxiety.
-Heart Palps

It is really hard to list them all because they come and go and change so frequently, now that I have come to accept my anxiety, they don't scare me as much and they are not as bad as they use to be. I can tell when a panic attack is coming and usually I can stop it.

I have always been told that I am more sensitive to certain things than others, I also feel that we are more intune with more things with our bodies and the world that most others aren't.

Old 09-09-2005, 01:54 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy101 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerredz
I also feel that we are more intune with more things with our bodies and the world that most others aren't.
Exactly. But...could it go further than that?? We are more intuned to our bodies..perhaps maybe we are more intuned to the earth and to others as well?? Not trying to get all weird. But if we are all one energy..why couldnt this be a possibility?

Do you know when someone is lying to you? Do you have a very strong intuition? Do you ever sense things before they happen either conciously or subconsciously thru bodily reactions? Do you feel real sick before a major catastrophe?

I wonder about stuff like this....perhaps it cn shed some light..some positive light on having a 'disorder' like this...

Old 09-09-2005, 02:00 PM   #8
(female)

Tiggerredz HB User

That is exactly what I was going to say but didn't want to seem all weird..haha. I can tell when things are not right, I can tell when people are talking about me. I can tell when there is tension, I have always been told I am more intune with people and their feelings than most.
I use to know when something bad was going to happen, but this anxiety has thrown me off on that. I can no longer tell because now I always think something bad is going to happen. I hate that!

Old 09-09-2005, 02:04 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Graciecat HB UserGraciecat HB User
Re: Something I am thinking about.

I am curious...those of you who suffer from panic/anxiety..do any of you also suffer from:

SVT/IST? No

PVCs/PACs (palpitations, skipped heart beats, flutters)? When I was having panic attacks my heart would feel like it was beating to fast and once in a great while it felt like it was skipping a beat.

GERD (acid reflux - severe heartburn)? No

IBS (irritable bowel syndrome)? No

Headaches? Nothing out of the ordinary occular migrines about once or twice a year.

Allergies? Yes

Fibromyalgia? No

Chronic Pain? No

Sensitive to medications/chemicals? I don't know if I'd call it sensitive, but I do have allergies to some medication and chemicals.

Very difficult child birth/labors? No, I have four kids and had no problems in this area.

I do however...like you mentioned in your other post...seem to "Know" somehow when something is going to happen.

Old 09-09-2005, 02:19 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

SRMom HB User
Re: Something I am thinking about

This is why the docs give us antidepressants, so we won't "feel" all these things. I just hate the feeling of the antidepressants more. I have pain every day too and suffer from many of these same issues. A cure would be nice, wouldn't it? It's hard to think I'll feel this way forever. I guess that's why many people with anxiety issues end up with depression also.

Old 09-09-2005, 08:52 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

I am always wondering why I am not one of those people who hasn't had a supernatural experience because I am always thinking about it and looking for it...like you guys said, i do too feel more intuitive and sensitive about certain things than others, maybe that is my "supernatural" experience and I just never thought about it.

Now that I think of it...about 2 weeks ago i started feeling awful and depressed, I mean worst I have in a while, and this was after several months of feeling great - then the hurricane hit...probably just a coincidence, but it certainly is strange when you start thinking about things....

Old 09-10-2005, 09:58 AM   #12
(female)

dalmatinka HB User

I agree with you even though I don't have all of those symptoms. My situation is different and I haven't met anyone like me.
I had anxiety for the most part of my adult life, but I learned to deal with it and was 80% anxiety free until three years ago when I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and started treatment for it. Since then, not just that I cant take full dose of thyroid hormones replacement, but I cant take iron supplements or vitamins. Licvid or chewable form of vitamins are even worse for me. I get such a reaction, it's not normal, severe anxiety, panic, breathing difficulties .... Same had happened with some prescription medicine too. I am so afraid that if I ever get some illness and have to take medicine for it, I wouldn't be able to.
The worst part is, nobody believes me, not even my family.

Old 09-10-2005, 10:05 AM   #13
(female)

wiggles67 HB User

I used to get those symtoms too but now when I am anxious my legs (from the knees down) get so tight that I actually stand on the outsides of my feet. My feet are in constant pain now as I think I have permanently crippled them from doing this to myself. I also rock from foot to foot when I have to stand up. I can no longer even walk to the store. I am so tight and I become or atleast feel very unbalanced like I will faint. My vision is messed up now and it feels like my eyes are really wide open and everything is so vivid. I am sensitive to ooutside light but my house never seems to be light enough. I am so sick and tired of feeling liek this. {REMOVED} I started a new anti depressant but it doesn't seem to be doing a lot of good although I do feel some relief, it's not enough to make a difference

Last edited by ms_mod; 09-10-2005 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Please read the posting rules as to why your post was edited. Thanks, Ms_Mod

Old 09-10-2005, 11:27 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User

I agree about us with anxiety disorder being way more sensitive to physical things we feel.I also agree that we just feel it harder then others.

I have the heart palps with the flutters and skips

I do have some allergies

I am not sensitive to any meds that I know of

I do not have fibro ...forgot how to spell it lol

I am not diagnosed with IBS but I do notice when anxiety has been high or stress I seem to have a issue with this

I do agree that some may be more intune with things too.I have had times in my life here and there where I just knew something was going to happen either good or bad and it did.I dont know maybe it has been coincidence,either way it is pretty interresting

Old 09-12-2005, 06:34 AM   #15
(female)

anxietysucks HB User

Wow - this is interesting. I missed the board over the weekend and am playing catch-up.

I have never thought about this, but it is very interesting. I have always been able to "feel" things. I have only told very few people because I'm not trying to say I'm psychic or anything like that. Its just that I can walk in a room for of people and feel the "bad" person. I can tell when I'm talking to someone, like I can see in their eyes to the back of their head. Then its like I get this feeling from them that they know that I'm on to whatever it is like a if they're lying or trying to pull a scheme. It's really weird because its always true. You know what I mean? Like I see someone else fall for it and I was like, wow - how did you not pick up on that?

Plus, I have always had butterflies when something bad was going to happen. I've never had visions of something happening or anything. Just the feeling. I hope I don't sound crazy because I don't like to tell ppl. about this. I just thought I was more in tune with other peoples inner spirits.

Interesting.

Closed Thread