It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2005, 02:08 PM   #1
(female)

Biyak123 HB User
Question Constant Breathing Problem!

I have a constant feeling of pressure on my chest. It is hard to get breaths. This is not like an attack but constant. I also have pressure under my sternum.These never seem to let up.

I also have dizziness,glands in my neck that feel swollen,difficulty swallowing,ear pain,just an allover fatigue. I lost a lot of weight and get night sweats sometimes.

I also have a burning tongue which the ENT says is Anxiety and stress.

Should these things be there ALL the time with stress and Anxiety?

HAS ANYONE ELSE any of these symptoms? HELP!

I have ended up in ER with being told that it is not my heart and is likely Anxiety. The ENT has checked my throat and says Anxiety. My family Dr. is convinced it must be Anxiety.

The Psychiatrist says Anxiety and OCD.

HELP!!

BIYA

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2005, 04:09 PM   #2
(female)

bocana HB User
Re: Constant Breathing Problem!

Hi Biya
Just went through a spell kinda similiar. I had chest pain under the sternum area and was constantly having breathing problems. I also had facial numbness. Went to ER after about 2 weeks of this. Had an EKG and was deemed OK. In the back of my head I knew it was anxiety, but the physical complaints were so bad. After about another 2 weeks they faded away. (And we all know another round of some new inexplicable symptoms will appear in the future!!! LOL!)
Since you already have been checked out by the docs, I think you might want to find comfort that you are physically OK. And start things that help calm down your nervous system. Take care!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2005, 02:31 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

SRMom HB User
Re: Constant Breathing Problem!

Yes, I've had my tongue break out in a rash that felt like I burned it with a hot drink, only instead of getting better like a burn would, it got worse. This happened to me in college and my mother sent me to our dentist (not sure why). He said it is a very common reaction to high stress and anxiety. He told me to rinse my mouth with very hot salt water, several times a day. I started getting better right away after this.

I've also had all the other things you describe at one time or another. It seems when I'm under stress, then things start happening to me physically...skin breakouts in weird places, ear pain, urinary tract problems, headaches, muscle spasms/stiffness, chest pain, joint pains, etc., etc. After having anxiety problems for so many years and going to doctors and finding nothing is wrong, I just treat my anxiety with Xanax, as needed, and pain medication for the physical stuff and I feel better pretty soon. I try to never get trapped by the obsessive thinking that I might be sick...it only makes it worse.

Closed Thread