It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2005, 08:34 PM   #1
(female)

sourbubblegum19 HB User
anxiety and sleep

hey you guys i need some advice or help here. I dont know if this is anxiety or not but i have been really excited about going back to college that I havent been able to sleep. Now i worry about not being able to sleep and i dont believe i can sleep anymore so i have been awake since sept. 3 and it is now sept. 10th That is 7 days straight and i am seriously getting worried about it. I seriously contemplated taking a whole bunch of pills to get me to sleep. I tried taking 3 over the counter sleep aids and i couldnt sleep still and even after i was prescribed ambien it didnt help me. I am out of ambien now and i dont know what to do now. i dont want to return to the doctor. and im getting desperate. what should i do? Could u die from lack of sleep or should i just not worry? i dont really feel tired or like i need to sleep and i dread going to bed every night. I just want to be normal!

Last edited by sourbubblegum19; 09-10-2005 at 08:39 PM.

Old 09-10-2005, 11:44 PM   #2
(female)

tropicalfreeze2 HB User
Re: anxiety and sleep

You said you were excited about going to back to college. anxiety has always been looked at in a negative way, like when your taking a test you are scared and uneasy, so that is negative anxiety. but in your case you are having happy anxiety, which is looked at a more positive side. either way anxiety is associated with an andrenaline rush, in short it seems as if you adrenal system is on overtime and is confused. don't worry about not getting enough sleep you are just creating more anxiety.you will eventually crash and crash hard. my suggestion stay away from SLEEPING PILLS(they do more harm than good), try to do some deep breathing and relaxtion, eliminate all stimulants...coffee, nicotine, alcohol, whatever. take a multivitamin, get enough vitamin C, lack of sleep lowers you immune system. MOST IMPORTANT try to focus on relaxing, it is just as important as getting sleep. Good luck!! and good luck going back to school, i go back to college too in 2 weeks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2005, 09:07 AM   #3
(female)

camtorres15 HB User

Sour~Sorry to hear of your problem. Lately I've been having trouble sleeping due to my anxiety and yes, it sucks! I haven't tried sleeping pills, but I took a Benadryl and it worked wonders. I know it's allergy medication however there is something in it that makes you drowsy. Seriously, I took it and I was sleeping within an hour. I woke up inthe middle of the night and had to take another one, but went right back to sleep. Also, have you tried Tylenol PM? That usually knocks me on my butt too! Good luck!! Let us know. :-)

Old 09-11-2005, 11:31 AM   #4
(female)

wiggles67 HB User

not sure if this holds true but can you take benedryl and anti depressants. I thought that was dangerous or is it just decongestants you can't take with AD

Old 09-11-2005, 02:22 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

SRMom HB User

Sounds like a question for the pharmacist.

Closed Thread