It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2005, 09:59 PM   #1
Inactive

joe28paws HB User
Exclamation I am having an anxiety attack right now.

Hi,

OOOOOHHHHHH the pain, I can't breathe, my whole neck throat and down into my stomach is burning, feeling like someone took a flame and lighted me on fire, my skin is literally wet, I feel like I have a ball of fire in my throat basically in my mouth, I really cannot write this letter.

I am driving myself crazy right now trying to calm down, but the pain is getting worse.

Sorry I started writing this 10 minutes ago and it has taken this long to get the letter out. My heart is racing right now I can't even think straight.

I am breathing in and out slowly, my head is starting to spin.

Why do some of us have to have anxiety attacks for no apparent reason, I have no idea why I have these things.

I have to stop this post before I actually get sick.

JC

Old 09-10-2005, 11:14 PM   #2
(female)

tropicalfreeze2 HB User
Re: I am having an anxiety attack right now.

hey jc,
just remember to take deep breaths from your abdomen and relax your muscles. most people with anxiety start having anxiety attacks for no reason, then as the disorder progresses we get anxiety attacks for every reason. get help now before it gets worse, talk to your general or family doctor about what is going on. remember every time you get an anxiety attack, that's it, it's just an anxiety attack and it will be over with, don't fight it let is take its course. it will be over soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2005, 05:46 AM   #3
(female)

I_love_lucy HB User

I know exactly how you feel JC....try to calm yourself down with slow deep breaths...easy to say I know...I keep in mind that this will pass and that I can get through it..try to learn to work through them....panic is a terrible thing to deal with..hits me right out of the blue...night is worse....it's hard to have a focal point when your feeling that way, but try to find something to focus on...I found that turning on the TV helps me...watch something funny...like on tvland...or nick at nite....is there someone you can talk to when your are having an attack that can help you calm down??? I kind of felt on my own...no one I know has them...so they cannot identify with the situation and take it very lightly, but when it's happening to you its a horrible feeling...hang in there....try not think about having one...that will bring one on...good luck...be kind to yourself...

Old 09-11-2005, 01:54 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

SRMom HB User

JC:

Hope you are feeling better today. Don't you have any benzo medication like Xanax to take when this happens to you? If not, I would make an appointment with your doctor and tell him/her you need something to help you. You don't have to do this without help. Good luck.

Old 09-11-2005, 02:15 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

lindsalou HB User

try and focus on something other than whats happening. try and slow your breathing. keep here with us, your not alone.

Old 09-11-2005, 02:47 PM   #6
Inactive

joe28paws HB User
Talking Re: I am having an anxiety attack right now.

Hi all,

Thanks for all of your posts, I really appreciate them.

I rarely get these anxiety attacks but when I do they scare the heck out of me.

The last time I got one of these attacks, my mother in law was really sick and I worried about her. I only get these like 3 times a year so I don't feel that they are that important or that bad to me.

I am not a worrier, I just sometimes feel overwhelmed, and I do talk myself out of them which is good. Last night wasn't a bad one thank God.

One time I was in the car with my mother in law and I was worried about her and there was something else going on that day and I was just sitting there not talking or nothing because that day I remember like it was yesterday. My body got like a numb feeling, I felt lightheaded my face was tingly and I felt like I couldn't breathe and I was having chest pain, from my mouth to my stomach was this burning sensation like I was having last night and I literally couldn't talk that day and the sweat just pouring off my face, my whole body felt stunned.

My mother in law had asked me that day what was wrong and I was just sitting there, because I am usually a talker in the car, I couldn't get anything out and I took a couple of deep breaths that day after that and I told her what was going on and I at that time didn't know what was going on with my body and she told me that it sounded like a panic attack, so I went on the web and there it was all of the symptoms of the attack.

I can usually control my panic attacks by talking myself out of them and I think that is why the attack I had last night wasn't so bad and I think that when I posted it kind of helped too.

I think it is weird how our bodies react in certain situations and I don't like when I get these panic attacks because it feels like my body is not my own.

Well I am sure I babbled on enough about me.

Again thanks,

JC

Closed Thread