It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2005, 03:00 PM   #1
(male)

bignbiggar HB User
Is this related to anxiety?

I have mild Social Anxiety Disorder, like I have this feeling that I'm being observed while I do stuff and approaching hot girls. I'm in therapy right now and doing better but I was wondering this...When I know hours ahead I'm going out to a club at night I always feel tense like I need to excrete a couple times, heart beats faster etc. but when I keep myself busy I don't have those problems. And when I'm about to enter the club I'm tense again and have a dry mouth but once I'm in I'm calm as calm can be. I'm not scared to go to these rowdy places otherwise I wouldn't go and would still feel tense inside. I really think it's excitement though, caz I just love to party How can I stop this?

Old 09-12-2005, 02:17 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SRMom HB User
Re: Is this related to anxiety?

Yes I would say this is excitement/anxiety. I love to party too, but I get nervous or apprehensive before going out. I always feel like I'm being watched too, but then I get into a conversation and it seems people stop paying attention to me. I think I'm just too self-centered...lol!

I assume you mean by "excrete" that you get loose bowels? That is pretty common. If you are afraid it will happen when you are out, you can take Immodium before you go. It works really well. Take deep breaths when you're tense and your heart is beating faster, and for dry mouth, chew gum or carry breath mints.

Party on!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2005, 03:02 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

sounds like social anxiety, some valium would help
if you feel they are watching you, look back at them, wearing sungalsses if needed so they cant see your eyes

thinking everyone is watching you is common for anxiety sufferers

Old 09-12-2005, 05:16 PM   #4
(male)

bignbiggar HB User

You mean even people with other anxiety disorders have this problem that people are watching them? As for the excrete...yes I meant that but not that I have diarrhea (it's not that extreme) but I don't know why I get this nervousness....it don't make sense...i'm not scared to go to those places!

Closed Thread