It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2005, 09:08 AM   #1
(female)

anxietysucks HB User
How Many Times A Day Do You Experience An Attack?

Personally, I've never had one day without an attack. Obviously some days are worse than others, but within 5-10 minutes of being awake, I start feeling it coming on. In general, I feel it coming on an average of 3 -4 times a day. No matter if its the prettiest day of the year and life is beautiful, I can't escape them.

Old 09-12-2005, 09:24 AM   #2
(female)

Derangea HB User
Re: How Many Times A Day Do You Experience An Attack?

I used to have this SAME problem. No matter what as soon as I woke up I would feel such dread. It didn't even matter if I had a good day ahead of me or had a peaceful sleep. So I was explaining this to my therapist and he explained to me how since I felt this way for so long, instead of it just dissipating on its own, I basically self-hypnotized myself into feeling that way every morning. So we had a couple of sessions of EMDR where I would feel differently when I woke up. And the sessions weren't that long so I was quite skeptical of it working because I've been having this problem for so long. But within five days it went away. And it has continued to stay away. But after rapidly going from these terrible mornings everyday to having normal mornings, I am pretty convinced that that was what it was. It was happening so long that I subconsciously made it happen. I dont know if this helps but maybe talk to a therapist about it and see what they can do. Hope this helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2005, 09:36 AM   #3
(female)

anxietysucks HB User

Thanks Derangea! I am going to a therapist tomorrow, after being treated for this the past 3 years from my GP who has tried his best. I'm trying to arm myself with some questions before I go.

Old 09-12-2005, 10:11 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

mjewell HB Usermjewell HB Usermjewell HB Usermjewell HB User

anxietysucks, let us know how it goes at your therapist. I too made an appointment with a therapist but I don't see her til october. I am really looking forward to it but nervous at the same time because I can't stand the thought of another wasted effort.

To answer your question, I don't have full blown attacks every day but I experience intense anxiety and nervousness at least once a day most days. The only time I really don't is if I am at home all day with nothing to do or worry about, but even on occasion then I still get that feeling. This morning i was thinking about how I routinely will realize oh, I feel good today and I haven't even had a Xanax or anyhting, then the minute I think that thought its like I have sabotaged myself because I immediately start feeling anxious...its like I don't want to let myself feel good because being anxious is so programmed in me. I realyl wish I could shut my stupid brain off!! I am so ready to change, no matter what I have to do, i am ready.

Old 09-12-2005, 10:46 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

layla= HB User

I really do know how you feel, for the last 6 years at least i have anxiety as soon as i open my eyes, i been trying to deal with it myself but to no avail, i been to see my gp, who has given me some ad, lets hope they work!!
I did discuss the possibility that because i felt so rotten so long that now it has just become routine, anyway, good luck with the therapy and hope it makes the morning easier for you!!

Old 09-12-2005, 01:54 PM   #6
(female)

holst HB User

I just got dumped by this guy that I was in love with. I have had non-stop panic for a week now. I doubled my dosage of Xanax XR and it isn't even touching the anxiety. I get the hot tingly feelings throughout my body and non-stop nausea. That is the worst because I have to eat cause I'm a diabetic. I have no choice but to go up on Lexapro which I loath, but I have to function. Anxiety is the worst thing to ever happen to me.

Old 09-12-2005, 02:06 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

SRMom HB User

holst:

I just wanted to say I'm sorry you are going through this. The guy must be a bum...good riddance I say, so you can make room in your life for Mr. Right! Anxiety is the fourth worst thing to happen to me after I had cancer, lost my parents, and almost lost my newborn son (he's 16 now, thank goodness). I know it doesn't help right now to hear that there are worse things, but at least there is a chance you will feel better after some medication and time. I'll keep good thoughts for you!

-SRMom

Old 09-12-2005, 02:35 PM   #8
(female)

holst HB User

SRmom,
Thanks so much for that. Your caring message just made my day. I guess I shouldn't say that anxiety is the worst thing to happen to me either. This year, I lost my sister to lung cancer, my brother almost died, then I lost half my hair and now I just got dumped. I'm 43 and feel like I'm gonna spend my life alone. Guess I'm just feeling sorry for myself. Sorry to vent.

I'm so sorry for all the trauma you've been through. You sound like one tough lady.

Thank you soo much for your good thoughts. Right back at ya!!

Old 09-12-2005, 03:25 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

SRMom HB User

Hey, when you get to be our age (I'm a little older at 45) there's a lot of history! It would be impossible to have a life without heartache. No need to apologize, we're all here to vent, get support and hopefully find some answers. I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your sister and hope your brother is well. Both of my sisters were "dumped" by their husbands after long marriages and they are now going through dating ups and downs for the first time in their lives (they married their high school sweethearts). Anyway, I know where there is a will, there is a way...if you want someone in your life, you'll find someone. One of my sisters found someone at a co-op bookstore and the other is dating someone she met through an online dating website. They are determined not to be alone. I admire their strength.

Thanks for the compliment, but I'm not so tough. Anxiety and other health issues weigh heavily on me sometimes, but I do the best I can. I love to try to help people here if I can, because I think they are all like me and could use a little TLC. We're going to make it holst, I just know it!

Old 09-12-2005, 05:10 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User

my anxiety comes in spurts I can be fine for months or years with hardly any if any.Then I get hit with it and it is almost constant day and night ,so when it hits me I try to deal with it best I can ,but always eventualy getting back on meds.

Old 09-12-2005, 05:36 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

GatsbyLuvr1920 HB UserGatsbyLuvr1920 HB UserGatsbyLuvr1920 HB User

Anywhere from 0-3, depending on how much stress I have that day... Had about three today, all at different times.
-GatsbyLuvr1920-

Old 09-12-2005, 05:48 PM   #12
(female)

bocana HB User

I usually get 1-2 a day, where I really feel bad. And about 2 "almost" ones that I am able to reason away. Agree with MJewell that sometimes I'm feeling good; clearheaded; and then BAM! I begin this spiral of doom. In fact some of my most intense panic attacks have been after a moment of pure contentment and ease. Whats up with that? Very weird!

Closed Thread