It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2005, 10:59 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

layla= HB User
Smile i went back to the dr

So today i went back, and got the results of my blood and i am as fit as a fiddle, kidneys, liver, thyroid everything the only thing he could see was a slightly raised white cell count, not enough for anemia, maybe a slight infection some where, but as i said to him, other than the morning business and the way it has made me feel over the last week or so is the only thing wrong, he did a urine test and guess what! that was fine to!!!!
So in one sense am glad as i am perfectly healthy and all this is in my head..
oh well, he gave me cipralex escitalopram, he said because of the side effects he was gonna start me off on a low dose and increase it in a fortnight, i am hoping that it wont need to be increased as i dont normally get the side effects of things, anyway, i gotta go back to arrange some form of therapy!
I know it will be a while before i feel myself again i just cant wait. A lot of friends these days are saying whats up your not like yourself, i feel to tell them its because im not, but i dont, i keep my gob shut
Does anyone else feel defeated for taking these pills, coz i know i do
anyway hope you are all having a good day

Old 09-12-2005, 11:09 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mjewell HB Usermjewell HB Usermjewell HB Usermjewell HB User
Re: i went back to the dr

I hope the meds help you layla, let us know. Maybe once you start feeling better and your body returns to a normal routine you won't need to take them anymore, so don't worry, and you are NOT defeated by taking them. That's what they are invented for. Anxiety is not your fault and you are not weak. Just take them when you need them and hopefully eventually you won't, but in the meantime you need them for your health.

Good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2005, 12:28 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

SRMom HB User
Re: i went back to the dr

I don't feel defeated because I know I didn't do anything wrong. I have an illness and it can be treated, just like having an infection or some other physical illness. I believe someday, "mental" illnesses will no longer be taboo and will be treated the same by doctors, employers, insurance companies, etc. Until the world gets it's act together and stops treating us like we might become homicidal or suicidal at any minute, we can find comfort and emotional support in places like this board.

Good luck with your new meds. mjewell is right, you might not have to always take these meds, maybe just to help you through the rough times.

Closed Thread