It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2005, 11:01 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

americandancer HB User
Anybody experience hives?

I was wondering if anyone else has a problem with itching/hives (welps) with anxiety? I keep getting them again, and I don't know if it is from the anxiety or lexapro. I think it's the lex, but just not sure. Thanks for any replies.
Kelly

Old 09-12-2005, 11:08 AM   #2
(female)

Derangea HB User
Re: Anybody experience hives?

I had a BAD breakout of hives once. Only once though. It was after I had a really bad panic attack and was hyperventilating. But the hives didn't show up till six hours later. I remember trying to sleep but was constantly itchy. Then all of sudden I started getting all red and swollen all over my skin. EVERYWHERE! Even on my eyelids and my eyes got swallon shut. I had to end up going to the ER and get a steroid shot just to get rid of them because it was so bad. Then I started taking benadryl after that. The shot cleared it up within two hours, I was perfectly fine. It was a really werid freak incident. I'm glad it never happened again. But yes I do relate that experience to anxiety.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2005, 11:19 AM   #3
(female)

anxietysucks HB User

When I'm having bad days in a row, I notice that I break out around my jawline with little bumps. Not pimples. Just bumps.

Old 09-12-2005, 03:02 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

americandancer HB User

I get actual hives. I am allergic to benedryl, believe it or not. I usually have to take a xanax and get out of the house and away from the situation, and they go away. This is my 3rd time trying lex and everytime this happens. My doctor still thinks it's just anxiety and not an allergic reaction. I am not anxious when I get them, (thanks to the lexapro!), but I just start itching and then the hives start. It is pretty scary. Thanks for your replies, Derangea and anxietysucks!

Old 09-12-2005, 03:03 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

americandancer HB User

I also take claritin hives relief. It's over the counter. But don't you think it's strange I usually get them after taking the lexapro?

Old 09-12-2005, 03:39 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

SRMom HB User

Kelly:

Maybe you should call your doctor and ask if you could be allergic to Lexapro. I know hives can come from anxiety, but they can also be from an allergic reaction. Just a thought.

Closed Thread