It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2005, 09:32 PM   #1
(male)

chickenx5 HB User
I was in class today and i had some kind of attack please read!

I was in class sitting down and my mouth started feeling like a baloon and it is very difficult to explain. Now when i breathe and AM THINKING ABOUT IT it feels liek when i breath in there is air goign out at the same time. it is very wierd sensation, i am getting this all day. Here is my current problems down below. It was like my normal attacks but with this affect

This has been so annoying, one day i had a attack wher ei felt extrmely unreal and as if i was gonna pass out. When i preasented in school, i constantly got them and nearly ran out of th eclass room while preasenting ( because i was extrmely faint ) Now its the new school year a half a year later and i still have them, along with pressure headaches, it seams as though my nose and my sinuses are plugged 24/7 and when i stand up i get a sucktion/pressure in my head that hurts alot. But than goes away as i continue walking around/sit down. I just started the new school year and i walked into my class, and i knew no one, i felt unreall all the time and my wierd faint feelings went away when i covered my ear, ( thats what i do when i get a faint attack ) But than when i got to my other class my best friend was in it and i felt awsome the whole time. I get a sharp pain in my chest quite a bit. I used to like school and now im living fear of preasenting, so now i am constantly thinking about it all the time. I also get headaches often. What is this? im pretty sure i have ocd so could this be anxiety? Oh and when im in dim lighting i seam to be better

Last edited by chickenx5; 09-12-2005 at 09:35 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2005, 09:56 PM   #2
(male)

pjb6282 HB User
Re: I was in class today and i had some kind of attack please read!

Hey chickenx5, I know the feeling about presenting and the feeling of anxiety that goes with that. Throughout my college years both undergrad and grad I feared doing presentations sooo much that some classes I dropped because it required a presentation. Some of the classes that were required for my degree required presentation and participation in order to pass the class. I eventually got used to presenting and talking in class but i still suffered from anxiety. I felt a lot better and was able to present because I tried making talking to every person in my class before class, during class or even after class so they knew what I was truly like (not some stuttering, quivering lipped, sweating kid). They knew I was nervous and they understood me better. Also i became an expert on the subject I was presenting when I did have to present. If you know your stuff and know more about it then everybody else it relieves the anxiety a lot. And also you have to remember a lot of kids are spacing during a presentation so don't worry. Its mind over matter

Old 09-13-2005, 09:57 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

SRMom HB User
Re: I was in class today and i had some kind of attack please read!

I totally agree with pjb. The anxiety and panic will not hurt you, that's something to keep in mind while you are going through a panic attack. Try relaxation techniques, take deep breaths, move your eyes, relax your shoulders. Can you get a checkup to make sure you are okay physically (ear, nose, throat, etc.) and talk to a doctor about getting some anti-anxiety medication?

Closed Thread