It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2005, 07:36 AM   #1
(male)

kingam HB User
My thoughts on medicinal side effects...

Hey guys... I started Zoloft three days ago. Before I started, I read up quite a bit on everyones thoughts. Seeing how people had getting on it, getting off it, etc.. etc... And I compiled a few thoughts.

A lot of people reported spikes in their anxiety when the drug worked its way into their system. Is this really a side effect? I've been experiencing some dizziness, nausea, and a bit of a headache... THOSE are side effects. However, yesterday, when my axiety WAS very bad, it wasn't a product of the Zoloft, it was a product of my worrying about the other symptoms...

If i get a headache i wonder "is this serious?" if i feel lathargic i wonder "is this ok?" which makes me stress and gives me a anxiety.

i guess my point is, i feel like we are all pre-disposed to worry, and going on a medication (which is scary for anyone) really CREATES anxiety the same way going to the store, or driving on a highway is for some people...

does this make sense? especially reading these boards, i was scared to death to start this stuff, but i realize you HAVE to go in with the right frame of mind. could i be more anxious next week? hell, i could be more anxious in 5 MINUTES, but you have to go in with an open mind, and letting your body do what it will do to give it it's fair chance to work.

Sorry for the rant, but I see so many negative posts on here about medications and their side effects, you'd think they work for no one if you read a lot of these posts.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2005, 07:48 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

dinney HB User
Re: My thoughts on medicinal side effects...

Thanks for telling me how I SHOULD be looking at taking a new medication..have been the WORST at looking at side effects and worrying about the SIDE EFFECTS when most of them are what I am doing without medication..and KNOW that if I will stick to the meds. they will pass and I will feel better...Again thanks for opening my eyes/mind...

Closed Thread