It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2005, 10:15 AM   #1
(male)

Troy1983 HB User
Scared....

Hi everyone...

I'm not sure exactly what I might be experiencing, but I feel like I have OCD, bad depression, social anxiety. Sometimes, I experience extreme anxiety, or at least thats what I think it is. When I have an extreme anxiety feeling, I don't experience any physical symtoms like heavy breathing, racing heart, etc... I just have a terrible fearful feeling. I haven't seen a phyciatrist or any help for that matter, but I will set up an appointment soon. What scares me the most is the thought that I might have schizophrenia. When I start thinking that, my anxiety hits the roof. I am 21 now, and I am starting a new job very soon. It is causing some terrible anxiety. The quality of my life is terrible. I also feel selfish by talking like this, but the fact is, I am hurting inside, and I am very desperate..

Anyways, it felt good to talk about it, because I haven't told anybody yet.

Old 09-13-2005, 10:49 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SRMom HB User
Re: Scared....

It's understandable that you have anxiety if you are starting a new job. The fearful feeling you are having might be a panic attack. They are the result of an overload of worry and anxiety. Your worry about having schizophrenia is probably just obsession without compulsion, and pretty common for anxiety disorders (tons of people on the anxiety boards worry excessively about their health). I feel for you because I know how bad the quality of life can be when anxiety rules your day. Don't feel selfish for reaching out for help...that's what we're here for. Sometimes if you get a checkup with a doctor, it can set your mind at ease that you are not ill, and maybe the doctor can prescribe a benzo like Xanax for you to help with the really bad times. That's how I deal with my anxiety. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2005, 08:53 PM   #3
(male)

Troy1983 HB User
Re: Scared....

Thanks for the reply. I am definitely going to seek help asap. Just wanted to get it off my chest for once.

Closed Thread