It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2005, 06:22 AM   #1
(female)

laineyk HB User
my life on zoloft

I am on my 3rd week of zoloft 50mgs. I have been on this med (same dosage) three other times & have foolishly come off of it. So here I am on it again & its been rough!!! I was given klonopin this time instead of xanax...I hated how the xanax ran out 7 I felt jittery all day long. The klonopin has helped alot with that THANK YOU JESUS! but I find that I am much more weepy (depressed) then before.
So here I am at week 3 & really don't feel a significant change (although I must confess I usually don't until week 4) This time around I am much more housebound & afraid to go out & try to do things. I am consumed with my BP & my HR so monitor that all day long.
My symptoms on this med are as follows...hold on to your seats...Stomach upset, headaches, insomnia, trembling, fog head, inside trembling, sweating...a have I forgotten anything. I just pray that God allows this med to work for a fourth time...I need relief I am starting to get so discouraged because I don't feel as if I am really living...just getting through each day. I would love to talk to other zoloft users....Lainey

Old 09-14-2005, 06:33 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

layla= HB User
Re: my life on zoloft

I am not on zoloft and only started taking cipralex on monday, they have made me all the things you described and then some... Why did you come off them before? and are you in therapy?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2005, 07:08 AM   #3
(female)

laineyk HB User

because I'm stupid! Each time I thought & wanted to believe that I had been "healed" of thiss ailment. I am a born again christian & I just wanted to believe that God had healed me. This last time I came off it wasn't for that reason it was that I had been on the med for 2 yrs straight & felt fantastic...but had gained alot of weight so I cut my dose down to 25mgs to see if I would lose any weight & still feel ok. well I did fine on 25mgs but never lost any weight ...as time went on from Dec, 04 until April I was taking 25mgs & most of the time forgetting to take it at all..so in April I figured that it wasn't really doing anything for me so I may as well quit it & go it alone....UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!! I wish I had never done that...this time its been the worst. I am starting to fear that zoloft won't work again (after working fine 3 other times) My Dr tried me on Effexorxr 4 weeks ago & all that did to me for a week was make me feel completely out of it so he switched me back to zoloft.
I pray you find relief quickly, I wouldn't wish this on anyone...God Bless

Old 09-14-2005, 08:59 AM   #4
(male)

kingam HB User

in all honesty, have you ever thought that you panic is worse because you have scared yourself into this "maybe it wont work this time" line of thinking?

i would almost gaurantee you are having a harder time because the prospect of it not working is so scary its completely bugging you out.

just try to relax. it's worked before, why wouldnt it work again.

im on day 4 of zoloft, and so far no real side effects besides i sleep like crap.

Old 09-14-2005, 10:52 AM   #5
(female)

laineyk HB User

You could be right in some aspect of your thinking. I have severe hypochondria on top of all this so every symptom throws me into a fit of anxiety. I keep trying to lean on God & trust Him for His help. I don't rely totally on the med. I believe that without God this med probably wouldn't even work for me.
But like you said it has worked all the other times there is no reason to not believe that it won't work again...its the waiting that is so hard.
Today hasn't been that bad so far...have the headache, but no tummy ache & anxiety is almost nil...so there is a marked improvement from just yesterday...Praise God!!!!

Old 09-14-2005, 11:53 AM   #6
(male)

kingam HB User

good! see? things are looking up... let me ask you, im also a hypochondriac (one of the many fun "things" i have), how did zoloft work with that? did you just "forget" about health ailments? or did things roll off your back easier?

im interested in what sort of thinking occurs considering ive been "trained" to think one way for so long...

Eric

Closed Thread