It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2005, 11:07 AM   #1
(male)

hypocondreact19 HB User
Unhappy Have I got an anxiety disorder?

Right folks, with the list of things I get up to, do you think that I may have an anxiety disorder...

1: I constantly worry about my health (because I have been smoking for 3 years)

2: I have a terrible fear of death

3: Everytime I get a pain I think the worst (My latest has been some sort of cancer due to my complete lack of appetite and my excess weight loss)

4: I hate to be left alone (especially at night because I am scared of dying when there is no one around)

I am only 19 years old and have been smoking for 3 years. Everytime I have a worry, I worry myself absolutely sick, I am starting to put my mind away! Can someone please help me as I fear I may be losing control of my mind? Thanks for listening!

Last edited by hypocondreact19; 09-14-2005 at 11:07 AM.

Old 09-14-2005, 11:37 AM   #2
(male)

SirReal HB User
Re: Have I got an anxiety disorder?

You are at a very common age where anxiety symptoms can begin. You are likely starting to think about the bigger picture, the future, etc. The best thing you can do is to take action against this pattern of thinking that you have developed. Talk to a doctor and or a psychiatrist, read some books, and come to these boards. For many people, learning about this condition is enought to be able to reverse it. For others, medication is need to get you over the initial hump. Find out what is right for you. The worst thing you can do is to allow yourself to struggle like this. The longer you let it linger, the tougher it will be to change.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2005, 12:23 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

sounds like anxiety, read a self help book about overcoming worry, there are several
also get more exercise, especially long walks

Old 09-14-2005, 12:28 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

SRMom HB User

You should quit smoking too, then you won't have the guilt and worry over that Also, smoking will increase your anxiety because nicotine is a stimulant. Stimulants are bad for people like us with anxiety.

Last edited by SRMom; 09-14-2005 at 12:29 PM.

Closed Thread