HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Anxiety (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/anxiety/)
-   -   Help me with this feeling? (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/anxiety/324901-help-me-feeling.html)

boiler454 09-16-2005 01:53 PM

Help me with this feeling?

I was kinda feeling low a few minutes ago, then I started doing my check book and paying some bills and all of a sudden I felt freaked out like what is wrong with me. Just a huge worry set in that made me thing hurry and call my doctor. Is that anxiety? I didn't start breathing hard, but heart rate got up. I feel scared and sad when it happens. I went outside and started cleaning up the patio and did some mowing and started feeling relief. Is this a depression or anxiety attacks. It kinda builds, and then it makes me feel awful. I almost want to cry. I have cried a few times. It felt like I can't deal with this. Overwhelmed. It is always intense. It isn't constant. It kinda builds up. I blamed these events on the zoloft I was on for 11 days, maybe I was already at this stage. Please help. I haven't been sleeping since the zoloft. My doctor gave me ambien, but I am afraid it might make depression worse if that is what this is. I don't feel anxious, but when this happens it is a big build up, like a wave coming on. I just don't know. It makes me get scared and down at the same time. I just don't know about it being intense and then subsiding. Or is depression worse at certain times. If it is anxiety what do I do. It just built up quick when I was worrying with the bills and the checkbook. I don't know if I can take anti-depressants or not. When I tried the lexapro for 2 days and the Zoloft for 11 days I had suicidal thoughts I think. It was thoughts of death and then this intense feeling of scared and down about why would i feel like this. Its intense though like medicine caused it. My doctor says lexapro for 2 days and then not taking it for 2 days then having one of these events did not cause it. My head starts hurting and my jaws and checks feel pressure when it comes on. But I feel better now. I am bumed that it happened, but I feel better than about an Hour ago. Doing my bills and worrying about the checkbook and then I did it. My Dad says it is anxiety attack. I just get scared and feel like I need my doctor or someone who can tell me what that just was. I don't necessarily feel like i am going to die but i feel like i am not in control of what is happenng to me. Then I go from room to room, or feel like calling the doctor or my wife. If that is panic attack, then what do I do. I am seeing a Pshcologists and pscy group. I started it Thursday. I see them again on Monday. I have a wonderful wife, and daughter. My family is all here supporting me, I can't understand these episodes. I thought depression would be all day everyday. I am fine except for the worrying about myself most of the time. It happens in waves. Please shed some light. Should I be scared of the Ambien? Thanks guys in advance. Oh yea, I get shook up when this happens and the worrying is worse.

lindsalou 09-16-2005 02:25 PM

Re: Help me with this feeling?

Sorry your feelind bad, but it sounds like anxiety. I often find that im doing something (like paying bills etc) and i feel fine, then all of a sudden bang, anxiety kicks in, i think its subconconcious. i too start trying to do somethin to take my mind off it but its hard. Your not alone with these feelings, i have a wonderful family but its hard sometimes cause you feel so alone- but remember here your not alone. Its good your receiving help, im still waiting to be seen by a therapist, and im hoping it will help.
Anxiety has many symptoms, not every one thinks their dying from it (im one of the unfortunate ones that does). If it helps to seek reassurance from your doctor then get it, anxiety is NOT life threatning, and there are many ways of treating it, its just a case of finding what suits you best, dont suffer alone. Post back anytime.
Good luck to you.

boiler454 09-16-2005 02:58 PM

[QUOTE=lindsalou]Sorry your feelind bad, but it sounds like anxiety. I often find that im doing something (like paying bills etc) and i feel fine, then all of a sudden bang, anxiety kicks in, i think its subconconcious. i too start trying to do somethin to take my mind off it but its hard. Your not alone with these feelings, i have a wonderful family but its hard sometimes cause you feel so alone- but remember here your not alone. Its good your receiving help, im still waiting to be seen by a therapist, and im hoping it will help.
Anxiety has many symptoms, not every one thinks their dying from it (im one of the unfortunate ones that does). If it helps to seek reassurance from your doctor then get it, anxiety is NOT life threatning, and there are many ways of treating it, its just a case of finding what suits you best, dont suffer alone. Post back anytime.
Good luck to you.[/QUOTE]
Is that the feelings that are coming over me? I just wonder if it is a depresion. I don't understand the getting low. Then I feel like a need help immediately, It really shakes me up. If it is some kind of depression how will I know. I mean tomorrow I know that the ball games will be on all day. I will be fine knowing my wife is here and probably some family. It looks like if I was depressed I would feel like that all the time. See Monday and Tuesday I felt great. Never had a symptom but the worry. Then Wed. I kind I felt that feeling hanging around. Then Thursday was pretty good. Then today was pretty good until I started with the worry then the despair feeling and the intensity kicked in when I was messing with the bills and trying to get some lunch. It is so intense, I guess it mkaes me feel like I am losing it. I don't feel like I will die but I feel like help please, I am losing it. Now I just feel kind of melow and kind of worried. I don't really feel low. This may be anxiety. Would it make you feel emotional and want to cry from the overwhelming. I just wonder what is wrong. The doctor says we will try and see if the zoloft and lexapro made these events happen. I haven't had the intensity so far as I did on the medicine. One night I did it real bad at a ballgame. I had a race of bad thoughts then it just built until I was thinking oh God I am crazy and I need help immediately. I don't think it is suicidal, it is just intense. I have never felt this So I don't know. Maybe I made it seem worse on the zoloft. Three days in a row on the zoloft made me feel real good. Then I went up to 5omg. and I felt like I was on a roller coaster. I had weird thoughts on it. I don't know. I guess I have made myself afraid to try the ssri's. How do doctors know what avenue to take. If it is a brain chemical imbalance how do I fix it. I just hate it for my family more than myself. They are really worried. But sometimes I feel like myself. I guess that is why the Doc, seems to think it is anxiety coming on. Thanks for listening.

faeriegirl25 09-16-2005 05:14 PM

Hi,
Its all a part of the anxiety. I have these racing bad thoughts constantly and there for awhile I was convinced that I was going crazy! I went to my psychiatrist and he gave me Zoloft, I was started on 25mg then to 50, and now since Monday I am on 100mgs. Just give it some time to work for you.. and if you still don't see an improvement go back to your doc and explain how you are feeling. I have just been diagnosed with GAD(generalized anxiety disorder) an have not been sleeping well, muscle tension and worry about everything( my jaws feel real uncomfortable too.)

Because I wasn't sleeping at all, my doc gave me Sonata and I was terribly afraid to even take it bec I didn't know what it would do to me. I finally decided that I could not be awake for 2 nights straight and took it. I woke up feeling better.

I have days that I am me, and I can feel it. Just when I think things are looking up and I might be rid of some of this anxiety, it hits hard again and I am left constantly worrying what might be wrong with me next.

Hang in there
Take Care
Fae

crabbyroad 09-16-2005 08:29 PM

In my opinion, Im leaning towards anxiety on you. Reason being if depression when these "waves" hit, you go get busy like mowing as you stated, etc and got some relief. Depression would not intice somebody to do that, they would more likely put off doing things.

We are not know to one another here, so may I ask are you having financial problems, even to the fact that you're "thinking" constantly if I even need to spend money at the doctors, "I'm" causing a strain on finances?

Second, crying and being scared is normal with anxiety, its due to first, go get relief after you mowed, but then you second guess yourself, "What if Im depressed? If not "What in the world is wrong with me?", its natural questions to be asking yourself, so you feel overwhelmed about not having the answers and just want to burst out in tears at times.

Its great that you found a therapist/group to attend. They helped me tremendously. If you can take your wife with you, they had spouses,etc in our group to tell them what we are experiencing the frustrations, and lots of information that will shed some light, and they won't get overly concerned, which is causing YOU more anxiety. Since your Dad quickly seemed to hit the nail on the head so quick, were there any general anxiety problems on your paternal side of the family? Aunts, Uncles, Grandparents, research is finding lots of generational anxiety/panic.

boiler454 09-17-2005 07:02 AM

[QUOTE=crabbyroad]In my opinion, Im leaning towards anxiety on you. Reason being if depression when these "waves" hit, you go get busy like mowing as you stated, etc and got some relief. Depression would not intice somebody to do that, they would more likely put off doing things.

We are not know to one another here, so may I ask are you having financial problems, even to the fact that you're "thinking" constantly if I even need to spend money at the doctors, "I'm" causing a strain on finances?

Second, crying and being scared is normal with anxiety, its due to first, go get relief after you mowed, but then you second guess yourself, "What if Im depressed? If not "What in the world is wrong with me?", its natural questions to be asking yourself, so you feel overwhelmed about not having the answers and just want to burst out in tears at times.

Its great that you found a therapist/group to attend. They helped me tremendously. If you can take your wife with you, they had spouses,etc in our group to tell them what we are experiencing the frustrations, and lots of information that will shed some light, and they won't get overly concerned, which is causing YOU more anxiety. Since your Dad quickly seemed to hit the nail on the head so quick, were there any general anxiety problems on your paternal side of the family? Aunts, Uncles, Grandparents, research is finding lots of generational anxiety/panic.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the reply. I think the worry just keeps it coming. I found out about the high blood pressure in July and I have been on several meds since, all of this worrying me. Last Sunday I just got down all of a sudden and then started thinking it is the zoloft, which I hadn't taken since friday previous. In other words 2 days before this wave hit me. I was bowling with my little girl at a Birthday party. It just crept in. I felt like why is this happening, I am here with my wife and child and had just left church and this low feeling crept in, then I felt like I am not in control of this feeling. It comes on intensley. I got home and started crying to my wife again, about what in the world is wrong with me. I wanted to go to the hospital right then and be evaluated, because I was not me and didn't know why. I called a councelor on my insurance and she said it sounded more like anxiety. I just worry that I am having suicidal tendecies when this comes on. I don't know what it is. I don't set around thinking anything like that, But this hit so strong 2 weeks ago that I can't tell what it is. After I cried to my wife and we talked about it, the rest of the afternoon was better. I went outside and played with my daughter and we went and ate supper, and then I felt relaxed and read my Bible. Then I actually slept good Sunday night and had a great day Monday. Never felt like I did Sunday at all. Went to the dentist had my teeth cleaned, and felt like me all day. Tuesday their was a little bit ofthat feeling hanging around but Wed. almost had that intensity come over me. I don't undestand why that low feeling isn't always present either. Maybe it is a true anxiety attack. I just didn't realize you could have an attack and not get the physical symptoms, but my doctor says yes anxiety can do several different things. See, last night after I went through that episode I went to a high school ball game and felt better the whole time. I was still wondering what is wrong with me, but I didn't feel as down. Maybe I just let it get me down. I just worry about a depression. Maybe this isn't. I just feel like help, I need some help when it comes on. My regular doctor wanted me to try a bipolar med. He said the good days were throwing him off. I didn't take it. I don't have any mania or fits going on. I still haven't felt nothing like the way I felt on zoloft. I just am worried about what it is I guess more than anything. 9It comes on intensley. Thanks guys. Let me know what you think.

layla= 09-17-2005 11:46 AM

I have been checkin on you even though i aint replied to you.
I just wanna say that maybe things would be easier for you if you just stopped thinking so much. It sounds silly but perhaps you are over analysing everything, (im guilty of that too). If you read my earlier posts you will see i was as anxious as confused as you, but have found solace in not thinking.
Ok the family have a bit of pressure as it takes me a couple of hours to get dressed and i done no washing for the week.
Put some mind-numbing telly on crank the radio up and dance round the house like a nutter. Another thing i sone recently was ******** all my fav music from back in the day, of course if you cant do anything then come on here and find some posts to reply to.(these are the things i have done in the last few days and it has helped, for how long i dont know, but for now,
Hello anxiety board, ;)
:angel:
Good luck