It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2005, 10:24 AM   #1
(male)

mccory301 HB User
Geodon No No No Benedryl Can Help!!

My Psychiatrist prescibed Geodon for my anxiety. She said it brings tha anxiety down
I used GEODON and got an allergic reaction. My tongue swelled the size of a pickle
I rushed to the hospital and of course I had a panic attack. I started freaking out. I couldnt catch my breath. It felt like I couldnt control my tongue. My heart was beating fast, I was shaking all over and it was all because of this GEODON. Well the doctor at the hospital gave me a shot of something to stop the swelling. Even after that I was still panicky. All though my tongue was ok, it felt like it was still swollen
Im online now trying to find ways to get rid of anxiety without meds and here are a couple of things I found.

GREEN TEA
CHAMOMILE TEA
EXERCISE
BREATHING TECHNIQUES (SEEK YOGA OR PILATES) book or personal trainer

Im continuing my search because I dont like the meds anymore.
Ive been on ZOLOFT, ADAVANT, AND GEODON all which doesnt work

They're are alot of natural herbs that can cure anxiety but they will never tell you that because they need to make money

Old 09-19-2005, 12:17 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Punkdizzle HB User
Re: Geodon No No No Benedryl Can Help!!

The chamomile tea did help me get to sleep at night for a few months but as far as it helping my anxiety long term it did nothing.

Exercise helped me alot.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2005, 12:32 PM   #3
(male)

mccory301 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkdizzle
The chamomile tea did help me get to sleep at night for a few months but as far as it helping my anxiety long term it did nothing.

Exercise helped me alot.
Thanks for replying I tried the Chamomile tea also but I couldnt stand the taste even if I added sugar it was still
Im am now trying the green tea and ginseng
hopefully the natural herbs will help

Old 09-19-2005, 05:39 PM   #4
(female)

Mini Horse Love HB User

Doesn't green tea have caffeine in it? I love it but stopped because of that. Let us know if it works.

Old 09-20-2005, 01:51 PM   #5
(male)

mccory301 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini Horse Love
Doesn't green tea have caffeine in it? I love it but stopped because of that. Let us know if it works.
I have decaff green tea with GINSENG Im starting to drink 2 cups a day 1 in the morning and one at night. I cant post the website for Japanese herbs but you can search and see how they deal with anxiety. They virtually have a cure to get you back on balance without meds. I guess America isnt all that advanced yet or is it all about money
{REMOVED} You can really find out alot

Last edited by ms_mod; 09-20-2005 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Please don't post instructions on how to search for a website. Thanks, Ms_Mod

Old 09-20-2005, 02:09 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

SRMom HB User

Be careful with ginseng...it is a stimulant and we all know those aren't good for us folks with anxiety.

Old 09-20-2005, 02:46 PM   #7
(male)

mccory301 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRMom
Be careful with ginseng...it is a stimulant and we all know those aren't good for us folks with anxiety.
Yeah I read that also but at this moment in time Im willing to try anything
that isnt meds because I keep getting the side effects and I keep gettin rushed to the hospital

NAtural is the only way Im willing to go. Also the meds keep making me anxious because I get nervous about using them. But thanks for the heads up

Closed Thread