It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2005, 01:28 PM   #1
(male)

mccory301 HB User
Post your weirdest anxiety Symptoms????

Over the past month I have been getting the weirdest anxiety symptoms.
I get the creepy crawlies and I also get the feeling of water drippin down my arm and leg
I go to my doctor and he assures me that this is anxiety. They did all the tests. Thyroids, blood work, mri, neurologist. Everythings keeps coming back fine. I even get my lungs checked alot because if water is dripping in my body then it has to be in my lungs RIGHT?!? WRONG!?? No sign of water anywhere. Theyre saying its all in my head. I think Im oging nutso
The closest thing Ive heard about on this board that remotely comes close is the girl who said it feels like lizards are running down her spine.
Anxiety
WHERE IS THE CURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAN ANYONE ELSE RELATE!!!!! OR POST YOUR WEIRD SYMPTOM

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2005, 01:46 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Punkdizzle HB User
Re: Post your weirdest anxiety Symptoms????

oh wow i have gotten that feeling of water dripping on my body also. i NEVER mentioned it to anyone not even my DR. because i thought it was just to weird to admit to having a feeling like that. nice to know i am not the only one that has felt that sensation.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2005, 01:51 PM   #3
(male)

mccory301 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkdizzle
oh wow i have gotten that feeling of water dripping on my body also. i NEVER mentioned it to anyone not even my DR. because i thought it was just to weird to admit to having a feeling like that. nice to know i am not the only one that has felt that sensation.
Thanks for your bravery. Everyone wants to cover it up with "sensation"
Happy im not the only one but sucks for us! I was reluctant to tell my dr also but then I just fessed up because it scarred me into more panic attacks now I can rest a little easier. I think
If people would just say exactly what their "sensations feel like then maybe it would make the board open up a little more
Thanks PD, I hope you know your not alone

Old 09-19-2005, 02:17 PM   #4
(female)

littlen2005 HB User

Mine is not really that weird i dont think, but here it is; sometimes i get these like twinges in different parts of my body - eg. arms or legs and it feels like there is someone poking me with their finger!

Oh yeah, i have another one, when im feeling quite anxious and im on my feet, like walking about or whatever, it sometimes feels like i am walking on a boat and the floor is moving or shaking.

Anybody else get either of these?

Old 09-19-2005, 02:51 PM   #5
(male)

mccory301 HB User

Yeah my legs get shaky and I sometimes have to sit down

Old 09-19-2005, 06:36 PM   #6
(female)

Mini Horse Love HB User

I had the feeling on day that pee was running down my leg when I was on the treadmill. I have had burning all over my body too. And my faces tingles and feels numb.

Liz

Old 09-19-2005, 09:12 PM   #7
(female)

Mushroomie HB User

Hello,
Just thought I would add to your post,
When my anxiety is really bad I get a burning sensation in my shoulders and my back (like a indian burn or a carpet burn) its not a very good feeling that is for sure. And sometimes it can last for days. I haven't had that feeling in a few years but I have been on meds now for a few years too LOL Oh well just thought I would share... Take Care All

Peace
Mushroomie

Old 09-19-2005, 10:29 PM   #8
(female)

louane HB User

I use to feel like i shoudl have had a V8,,,I feel like I am off balance. I felt like any miniute I was going to fall over.

Old 09-19-2005, 10:43 PM   #9
(male)

mccory301 HB User

Wow this is all great stuff. Even though it sucks for us.
I appreciate everyones post keep posting

Old 09-20-2005, 06:20 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bell99 HB User

I get a feeling of being out of my body and out of control!
I get a real high pitched ringing in my ears, my stomach cramps up and I feel the need to rush to the bathroom but I can't. Sometimes People will be talking to me and I have NO clue what they are saying I just want them to go away. On a few occasions I have blacked out.
Thank God I started Lexapro 6 months ago and have not had one twinge of anxiety since

Old 09-20-2005, 07:35 AM   #11
(female)

laineyk HB User

I get the burning sensation down my back & arms...I also get depersonalization big time.

Old 09-20-2005, 09:24 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

SRMom HB User

When I feel like I'm in an elevator going up and down, but I'm really on solid ground...I hate that! Also, the out-of-body feeling and the feeling I will lose control of my car, both freak me out.

Old 09-20-2005, 10:40 AM   #13
(male)

THX43950 HB User

1. Feeling like im getting larger or worse Im shrinking.

2. Zone out for a brief second staring at nothing, thinking nothing. Like a mental shutdown.

3. Vision loses sharp focus. Everything has a slight blotchiness.

4. Odd pain occuring at different spots on head.

and the worse, only happened once and while I was in a stroke scare faze.

The left side of my face went a little numbish/a little tingly.. I even had some drool. man that was scary. I was convinced I was dying that day.

Old 09-20-2005, 12:23 PM   #14
(male)

mccory301 HB User

This is great stuff hope this is useful to others who are having these symptoms

Old 09-20-2005, 12:25 PM   #15
(female)

sponge70 HB User

I Am So Tired Of Feeling Like This. I Was Amazed At How Many People Feel Like I Do. My Legs Are Shaky All The Time And I Just Hate This Feeling Of Being Off Balance. I Also Get Very Lightheaded. I'm On Xanax And Imimpramime. They Don't Seem To Be Helping. If Anyone Wants To Chat You Can Email Me-----{REMOVED}
Reenie

Last edited by ms_mod; 09-20-2005 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Please don't provide off board contact information of any kind. Thanks, ms_mod

Closed Thread