It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2005, 09:24 PM   #1
(female)

bLuEeYeS1886 HB User
Muscle Tension/shaking hands

Hi! I was wondering if this could possibly be anxiety.

My shoulder muscles are really tense...like 24/7. My hands are usually constantly shaking too. Sometimes it's not visible to the eye, but if I'm holding a utensil or piece of paper you can tell I'm shaking.

I have neck issues, which I'm going to a chiropractor for. I have been doing this "traction treatment" which pulls my neck into place...so that could be a possiblity..but who knows.

I know I suffer from anxiety. Yet, I have not been diagonosed...mainly because I'm scared to go see a doctor AND my family believes nothing is wrong with me.

I am always in a panic over my health..from thinking I have a brain tumor, to MS, to pretty much anything in the book. I hate having to live like this because I'm sick of worrying! I have bought books on Anxiety before but reading them doesn't seem to soothe my mind.

I'm going to start an exersice program, tomorrow actually, because I've heard that helps people with anxiety calm their minds.

I'm just scared about my shaking hands...what else could it be? In my mind I have like a brain tumor pressing on my brain which is causing my hands to shake...

Does this sound familiar to anyone?! Any information would be appreciated!! THANK you sooo much!

Old 09-20-2005, 11:35 PM   #2
(female)

louane HB User
Re: Muscle Tension/shaking hands

Blueeys,,, I have had the tension in the neck,,, sometims, i felt like my head weighed more then my body did.... and about the hand shaky,,, i have that syptom now and it sucks..... As i posted in another thread, I fear that my surgar is droping ,but when I check my surgar its always fine.... I do the same thing....
Good luck
cindy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2005, 05:46 AM   #3
(female)

littlen2005 HB User

hi, my hands shake too when i am anxious which is nearly all the time.

why are you scared to see a doctor?

your mind will be so much more at ease if you see one, because he/she will do a few tests to make sure you have not got any of the things you think you have. that will be the first step and should make you more relaxed.

then once everything else is ruled out, you can then go about extra help if you need it. like seeing a theripst or something?

the excerise is a very good idea, my doctor told me to do that aswell.

Old 09-21-2005, 09:39 AM   #4
(male)

mccory301 HB User

Yep sounds like Anxiety.
Wheres the CURE!!!

Old 09-21-2005, 01:35 PM   #5
(female)

starrynight3333 HB User

i can totally relate, before i started medication i was completely convinced i too had ms and a brain tumor..among other things. the best thing i did was talk to my doctor and now i am zoloft. it's truly working and i totally think you are suffering from anxiety. please see a doctor, you will feel so much better from it. best of luck to you..

Old 09-24-2005, 01:48 AM   #6
(female)

marie bray HB User
Talking Re: Muscle Tension/shaking hands

my nan shakes all the time she wont see a doctor because she has not seen them for over 30years what else can she try

Old 09-24-2005, 12:04 PM   #7
(female)

mishkaaa HB User

i had the same problem with thinking that every little symptom was a horrible disease.
if you're really worried about this, you should go to a doctor, despite your family thinking there is nothing wrong with you.
getting a checkup at the doctor and even an mri of your brain if that would make you feel better -- might help. knowing for sure may ease your mind a bit. good luck!

Closed Thread