It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2005, 11:43 AM   #1
(female)

Lily2005 HB User
Wellbutrin - Has anyone...

had seizures from Wellbutrin?

The package insert really got me scared. I'm supposed to take 150 mg. along with Lexapro. Has that helped anyone's anxiety?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-24-2005, 12:19 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
Re: Wellbutrin - Has anyone...

siezures are an apparently rare side effect, they may also happen with some other antidepressants

if you are having panic attacks the worry is that a siezure may be thought to be just another panic attack, so wellbutrin is probably best avoided if suffering panic attacks
otherwise, I would try some prozac type antidepressants as these have been around longer and are probably safer

wellbutrin is being heavily advertised in some places with claims of few sexual problems caused

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-24-2005, 01:32 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

MissAngela HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hry33
siezures are an apparently rare side effect, they may also happen with some other antidepressants

if you are having panic attacks the worry is that a siezure may be thought to be just another panic attack, so wellbutrin is probably best avoided if suffering panic attacks
otherwise, I would try some prozac type antidepressants as these have been around longer and are probably safer

wellbutrin is being heavily advertised in some places with claims of few sexual problems caused
Yes, I was prescribed Wellbutrin, but I didn't take it because I was scared of seizures as well. I would rather have a sexual problem than a seizure.

-Angela

Old 09-24-2005, 03:55 PM   #4
(female)

bondgrll HB User

Seizures are very rare. Especially for small doses like yours/ I've also been taking the Wellbutrin XL 150mg and it has helped. I also take 12 mg of Prozac. I started feeling more enrgetic (not anxious) after the first week. So far so good. Don't be too afraid of the seizure thing. Your chances are greater getting killed in car accident. I used to fret about stuff like that. Our doses are miniscule compared to the ones experiencing seizures.

Old 09-30-2005, 03:24 PM   #5
(male)

tomicavols HB User

Wellbutrin has cured my sexual side effect (lack of orgasm) but it has not been good for my anxiety. Jury's still out

Closed Thread