It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2005, 10:28 AM   #1
(male)

hfd154 HB User
neck pain, upper back pain and off balance

Hello all! Been suffering from a stiff neck for about a week(tension related) I went to the chiropractor and felt better for about a half an hour. I just wanted to know from you guys if the feeling of off balance is normal cause it's driving me nuts wondering what it could be?(serious problems have been ruled out by a doc) When i look down I feel tightness in my back? Dull ache in the back of the head and top of the head? Pressure in the forehead area at times? These symptoms are so closely related to when i have anxiety trouble that i think it's a panic attack everytime it flares up. Thanks to all that reply. Hope to hear from everyone soon.

Old 09-27-2005, 11:15 AM   #2
(female)

Verucah HB User
Re: neck pain, upper back pain and off balance

WOW! That is exactly how I've been feeling lately. I know the muscles being tight are from the anxiety, but it sure does hurt. This morning I tried yoga which is supposed to stretch those muscles and relax them.. It did help.

I hope you feel better...

Verucah

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-27-2005, 12:10 PM   #3
(male)

hfd154 HB User

It's good to know that i'm not the only one. Even though it would be nice if neither one of us felt this way. Have you ever heard of fainting from neck stiffness? Anything that makes me feel like this that is always my fear. First it was my allergies all summer and now this!!

Old 09-28-2005, 08:50 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

twanger HB User

I feel exactly the same way. My neck hurts, mostly in the back and that goes up over my head and on to my forehead. Mine has been going on for a week also. In addition, I get lightheaded because I clench my jaw and that blocks up my ear canals which causes dizziness.

What a trip! I hope someone has some stretching suggestions of something. This is getting old real fast.

Closed Thread