It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2005, 09:13 PM   #1
(male)

CursedSkin HB User
Sharp pains in chest and around heart?

i was freaking out a few weeks ago because of the pains in my chest...then i experienced heart palpitations and went to the doc. he told me i suffer from anxiety because i seemed healthy and im young.

well anyway i never filled his prescription (i think it was for xanax?). now almost on a day basis i feel weird sensations in my chest especially on the left side around the heart. sometimes their sharp but they arent that painful. has anyone else experienced this? am i really suffering from anxiety?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2005, 10:22 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

faeriegirl25 HB User
Re: Sharp pains in chest and around heart?

Hi,
I used to have the exact same pains..actually I was diagnosed as having anxiety after my first panic attack in the ER because of these exact pains. They are scary, I was convinced that I was having a heart attack. The ER physician checked me out and said that I was fine, it was anxiety and that he sees many people come through the doors dealing with this. I was prescribed xanax and sent on my way. If you feel that you need to have your script filled, then by all means don't delay. You deserve to feel so much better.

Take Care
Fae

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2005, 10:32 PM   #3
(male)

CursedSkin HB User

so did the xanax really help? i might dig around and see if i can find that prescription for it.

Last edited by CursedSkin; 09-28-2005 at 10:33 PM.

Old 09-29-2005, 09:55 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

SRMom HB User

Anxiety can cause chest pain and palpitations. Xanax really helps me. If you've never taken it before, it might make you a little sleepy at first. I usually take only half a pill (half of .5 mg.) and I feel much better. If it doesn't help your palpitations, you could talk to your doctor about a beta-blocker drug. I took Atenolol for palpitations and it worked great.

Old 09-29-2005, 10:04 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

dinney HB User

I have had the same type pains off and on for years and after every test (one dr. said short of doing an autopsy) I have relied on the xanax to get me through the tough times also..1/2 of .5mg does it for me..am also on proxac weekly and getting used to it..Did your dr. do any testing to assure you it isn't your heart ? That seemed to help with my fears to know the tests were o.k. Know what you are going through..hang in there...

Old 09-29-2005, 04:38 PM   #6
(female)

starrynight3333 HB User

in february i ended up on the emergency room for chest pains, after an EKG, 5 blood tests and a chest x-ray i was told it was anxiety, seeing it written on the report it gave me the incentive to talk to my doctor,,i know how you feel, i have been there too.

Closed Thread