It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2005, 10:32 PM   #1
(female)

megustapunkrock HB User
My whole body won't stop aching.

My legs right my ankles ache, my knees, my arms, my wrists, my hands, my neck, my shoulder, my forehead, all ache. There are even sore spots to touch especially my forehea above my right eye, my right arm and just above my right ankle. I am so scared still, I don't believe that anxiety can cause this.

Old 10-27-2005, 12:46 AM   #2
(female)

louane HB User
Re: My whole body won't stop aching.

Have you went to the doc to be checked out,,,, if so and they say all is well then it probably is anxiety,,,
anxiety can be brutal. i remember my knees would hurt, and I wold have pains in my arms so bad,,,,
The only thing that will help your anxiety, is to stop fearing the symtoms,,, and belived me i know its not east,,, my new symtoms is that i shake all the time,, and whenI i have a panic attack, i even sake more,,, so i am trying to stop my fear of that,, but I know that is the only way to stop our anxiety,
Good luck
louane

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-27-2005, 12:33 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

SRMom HB User

It sounds like arthritis or fibromyalgia or some other chronic pain illness. They say anxiety and depression can cause pain, but I'd would still get throroughly checked out physically first. Try not to worry...if you start with a checkup, you'll feel more empowered emotionally.

Old 10-27-2005, 02:01 PM   #4
(female)

megustapunkrock HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRMom
It sounds like arthritis or fibromyalgia or some other chronic pain illness. They say anxiety and depression can cause pain, but I'd would still get throroughly checked out physically first. Try not to worry...if you start with a checkup, you'll feel more empowered emotionally.

I am only 17 though.

Old 10-27-2005, 03:52 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

SRMom HB User

I'm sorry...I didn't realize you were that young. How long have you been suffering from this? Even at your age you could have the problems I mentioned, but it is very unlikely. What about growing pains? Hormonal imbalances? Etc.? Please try not to worry...anxiety can make pain worse, even if anxiety isn't the main issue. Can you make an appointment to get a checkup? I think you will feel better if you know the doctor says you are okay. I hope you feel better soon. Don't be scared...we're here to listen.

Old 10-27-2005, 07:16 PM   #6
(female)

megustapunkrock HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRMom
I'm sorry...I didn't realize you were that young. How long have you been suffering from this? Even at your age you could have the problems I mentioned, but it is very unlikely. What about growing pains? Hormonal imbalances? Etc.? Please try not to worry...anxiety can make pain worse, even if anxiety isn't the main issue. Can you make an appointment to get a checkup? I think you will feel better if you know the doctor says you are okay. I hope you feel better soon. Don't be scared...we're here to listen.
This has been happening for about 7 months. As I mentioned in a post b4 this all started after I had what I believe was an anxiety attack when I was smoking marijuana which I no longer smoke.

Old 10-28-2005, 08:40 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

SRMom HB User

It's possible your anxiety problems were kicked off by the marijuana, but I'll bet you were an anxious person before and that's probably why you took up smoking to begin with. It probably made you feel better until you had the panic attack.

Unfortunately, I've never found an easy fix for anxiety like marijuana, alcohol or other "street" substances. The illegal ones bring with them the guilt over doing something you know you aren't supposed to do, and whether you know it or not, it eats away at you. A person with anxiety only gets more anxious when feeling guilt. It's good for you that you don't smoke anymore...congratulations.

I still think you should get a checkup for your pain. If nothing is wrong, then maybe you can find a counselor to talk to. It is really tough being your age. The pressures to be a grownup are trememdous. If you can talk things out with a counselor, I'll bet a lot of your anxiety will go away...maybe not all, but you could feel healthy again. This is just my opinion...I hope you feel better.

Closed Thread