It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2005, 02:13 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

gxpark1234 HB User
dying

has anyone got to the point where they accept that they are dying.. and now trying to figure out how you can tell ur family.. whats wrong with me?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-30-2005, 03:13 AM   #2
(female)

jessejomomma HB User
Re: dying

Please explain to me how you are dying. Were you diagnosed with something by a licensed physician? Are you having anxiety attacks and it feels like you are dying? Please explain, and perhaps I could help you. If you don't feel that you can explain, then that is okay too. I noticed that you posted this under anxiety, so if you feel you are dying, then it might be anxiety. i wouldn't know how to tell your family. I couldn't give you advice about that. Maybe try talking to one really close friend, or family member. someone who can support you, and be there with you.
Sometimes I feel like I am dying, like my body was shutting down, which is what happens if my depression gets really bad. But I haven't ever been close to dying.
I hope that you figure something out soon, if at least to put your mind at ease and make you more comfortable.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-30-2005, 08:06 AM   #3
(male)

bderozi HB User

I feel as if I am dying to....I just feel like this is it for me....I haven't been the same since being diagnosed with Panic Dissorder/Anxiety....

I have been taking ZOLOFT and ATIVAN for three weeks now...

My chest still hurts...if my chest stops hurting, then my stomach does.....Pain..Nausea...Feeling out of it...I don't think I will ever feel the same again!

-B

Old 10-30-2005, 12:38 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

some pain may be from the zoloft, if so it should stop soon
panic or anxiety disorder never kills people and is quite easy to recover from, as long as you want to get better

Old 10-30-2005, 02:18 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

gxpark1234 HB User

i just feel like i might die soon... i feel like something will happen to me .. like my body having a allergic reaction or something... i just feel like my days are comming to a end.... is this anxiety??.. thanks for listening

Last edited by gxpark1234; 10-30-2005 at 02:18 PM.

Old 10-31-2005, 03:20 PM   #6
(male)

HiTech-Hate HB User

Best bet if your concerned about dying is to see a doc. Theres prolly a 99% chance they will tell you you're healthy, and any anxiety you might have had will then vanish. They can also help you with medications for anxiety. I hate docs just as much as the next person (in fact im PETRIFIED of them), but I just FORCED myself to go a few months ago, and having a chest x-ray and EKG made me feel better that the shortness of breath I experience is not from some horrible lung disease (though my doc was quick to diagnose me with anxiety).

Old 10-31-2005, 05:36 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy101 HB User

I have a strong feeling the OP already has been to the Doc.

You are not dying. However, none of us or a medication will convince you of that. Medication tho VERY helpful and wonderful..isnt a cure all. Therapy is key. Learning CBT techniques will really help you.

I seriously believe you need to get into therapy ASAP.

You are so afraid of dying, that you are missing out on living. Trust me. I KNOW all too well.

Old 10-31-2005, 05:43 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

gxpark1234 HB User

ty so much

Old 10-31-2005, 08:22 PM   #9
(male)

jaydel26 HB User

gx i got to tell you i feel the same way, i don't know if to accept that im dying or accept that these panic anxiety are real, all i know is that my life has changed, its so hard to focus on the simple things i used to love, but i tell u what i just got health insurance and im going to the doctor because i refuse to believe im dying! i have to much to live for. I know it just seems so real"the physical part" but just maybe its our minds and there are alot of people that have the same problem and are learning to live with it...........need support ever i'm here because god only knows how much help i need.

Old 11-01-2005, 04:34 PM   #10

thelxepeia HB User

bderozi, like others have said your chest may be hurting from the meds, but from my experience SSRIs seem to take and half before I start noticing (others seem to notice first). So stick with it.

Old 11-01-2005, 05:25 PM   #11
(female)

Sonika HB User

GX, if you have anxiety, you will feel like you are going to die but... believe me, once you know it is anxiety (after medical check) the fear is living for years and years feeling sick. So... find out if you have any physical illness, if not, gind treatment for anxiety ASAP.

Old 11-01-2005, 05:36 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(male)

gxpark1234 HB User

hey sonika, yea i had a physical done w/ blood test, chest x ray and mri, everything normal.. i guess its panic/anxiety, but i keep thinking that im gonna catch something rare like sudden death.. thanks for your support.. i will get help.. is 9 months with pretty severe anxiety normal or is that kinda way too long?

Old 11-01-2005, 07:43 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User

9 months is very possible but you should have recieved the right help for you before then.......I hope you will very soon please dont worry about catching some rare thing or suddenly dying think of all you are missing out on in life because of that obsession.It so not worth it and really especialy with you recent physical that came out well the chances of you suddenly dying are slim to none.I have had several times in my life where I thought that same way then one day I thought ya know if I suddenly die it wouldnt matter anyway Id be gone I wouldnt even know ......no point you should get into therapy and try a medication relax and live your life.I take Lexapro which is working well for me I am not totaly anxiety free but it is no where near as bad at all.

Old 11-01-2005, 08:27 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(male)

gxpark1234 HB User

thank you

Closed Thread