It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2005, 02:19 PM   #1
(female)

princesscol HB User
Unhappy Xanax

I was prescribed .25 mg of Xanax when I went to the doctor the other day. Whenever I get medicine I never take it. I always get to the point where I know that I am going to need meds to help me cope with this but once I have the prescription in my hand and I buy the meds I always chicken out. Iím afraid Iím not going to be myself on meds but then again I havenít been myself in three years because this anxiety haunts me everyday. I know itís ironic. So I guess my question is can a person ever become immune to Xanax? I mean people on these boards say that it works great with no side effects and I know I can get addicted to them but honestly I donít care. As long as they make me normal again. I just wouldnít want my system to get immune to them and then have to keep upping the dosage. I wish things would get better. Itís like a roller coaster one day I can take on the world and I think about flying on a plane and going on vacation and all these wonderful things that I think I can conquer and then 2 seconds later anxiety comes back. I wish I never had this.

Last edited by princesscol; 10-31-2005 at 02:41 PM.

Old 10-31-2005, 02:40 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
Re: Xanax

at the risk of seeming blunt, do you want to get better or to stay as you are
some anxiety sufferers actually enjoy it and dont want anything to change

people never become immune to xanax, what can happen is if the xanax sedates you, this sedation can eventually stop, making you think the xanax has stopped working but it hasnt
xanax has a bad reputation at the moment, its popular with street drug addicts that have run out, they take about a bottle every day
however xanax taken sensibly is a big help for anxiety sufferers especially if its taken as needed, a larger dose can make very difficult things easier and help to get back some self confidence

most anxiety sufferers are far too sensible to ever become addicted to xanax
its very rare for an anxiety sufferer to have whats called an addictive type personality

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread