It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2005, 01:07 PM   #1
(male)

bderozi HB User
Dark/Blueish Circles under eyes? Anxiety Caused?

Hi,
I have been having Anxiety and Panic for 1 month now.....at the begining I was very scared and lost weight....about 20lbs.....my face and body really thinned out.....my face is much thinner now...

I mean my body looks more CUT now which is a good thing, but I seem to have Dark/Blueish Circles under my eyes......?

It seems like all the FAT I put on during my first three years of college is now gone.....including in my face....!

Could these circles be from Anxiety? I have tried to eat better this past couple weeks, sleep longer (but I have early classes...college) as well as drink lots of water.....but it seems like some days are worse than others with these dark circles.....

I am just concerned......will these go away? Is something else wrong with me? Suggestions?
Thanks

-B

Old 11-08-2005, 01:14 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

americandancer HB User
Re: Dark/Blueish Circles under eyes? Anxiety Caused?

I have really dark circles under my eyes also. My dr. said they could be hereditary, from allergies and not enough sleep. I have never heard of anxiety causing this, but I would definately think the loss of weight in your face would also cause it, or cause it to be more pronounced.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-08-2005, 02:41 PM   #3
(female)

littlen2005 HB User

yea it is where youre not getting enough sleep. it is all the viens and that under your skin and your skin is really thin anyway around there. your weightloss has probably also added to it. are you male or female? because i have it too and im a female, a good concealer / foundation a cream one is good to help hide it.

Old 11-08-2005, 02:48 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

SRMom HB User

Hi B:

Do you take vitamins? Make sure you do take a good multivitamin and drink plenty of water. You could be vitamin deficient if you have been losing weight and the dark circles could also be from dehydration. The vitamins might help you sleep better too.

Old 11-08-2005, 02:57 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User

I have the dark circles too but look at my name lol seriously though it is probably from all the weightloss and stress from college work maybe.Sounds like you are doing good with water and all now.I agree with the last poster try some vitamins maybe get your iron checked at your doctor.

Old 11-08-2005, 04:06 PM   #6
(male)

supercelebs HB User

i got pretty bad dark circle from rubbing my eyes.. i damaged the blood vessels and they leak blood now which makes them really red in the light and really dark where theres no light..

Old 11-08-2005, 04:29 PM   #7
(male)

bderozi HB User

Thanks for the replies guys....

First, I am a Male....so Im not to keen on the make up thing....haha

The other thing is, that it isn't really that bad, just more of a tired look it gives me.....I never had them before this past month of Anxiety/Panic, so the weight loss is probably a big part, since my face thinned out so much....

I will try the Centrum One A Day....I try to get enough sleep, and I drink plenty of water.....

Is there any remedies that a guy could use? Thanks.

-B

Old 02-23-2006, 01:14 PM   #8
(male)

riley39 HB User

Can weight loss really cause dark circles under the eyes? About... four or five months ago I dropped from about 150 to 140 pounds just from eating a lot less, and I'm 5'-8 1/2" tall. I don't remember having any dark circles before I lost the weight, and I've been looking back on older pictures and they are not visible.

Old 02-23-2006, 01:26 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

iyami HB User

im really thin & have had anxiety for years, ive also had dark lines udner my eyes for years

foundation makeup / skincream is the best thing to use, they make it for guys now too, they have comertials for it and such.

no one noticed teh lines undermy eyes, becuase i wear glasses
they actually hide my dark circles if you have contacts, try swiching to frames, if your eyes are perfect, you can also get non-proscrption glasses
if your wqorried theyll look bad on you, make sure you try on frames that fit your face, and you can getting thin frames ratehr than big round ones (much more stylish)

Old 02-23-2006, 04:25 PM   #10
(male)

riley39 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by iyami
im really thin & have had anxiety for years, ive also had dark lines udner my eyes for years

foundation makeup / skincream is the best thing to use, they make it for guys now too, they have comertials for it and such.

no one noticed teh lines undermy eyes, becuase i wear glasses
they actually hide my dark circles if you have contacts, try swiching to frames, if your eyes are perfect, you can also get non-proscrption glasses
if your wqorried theyll look bad on you, make sure you try on frames that fit your face, and you can getting thin frames ratehr than big round ones (much more stylish)

Well I would probably only do the makeup as a last resort. Like bderozi, I also get enough sleep and drink plenty of water. I'm planning on getting some multivitamins tomorrow, but I ran across this thread earlier today and was just wondering if weight loss can actually cause the dark circles. Looking at pictures of myself just 1 1/2 years ago I didn't have a single trace of the dark circles, so if gaining back the weight is all I have to do, I'll definitely do it, but this brings up another question... If the circles ARE caused by weight loss, would it be guaranteed that when I gain back the weight, at least some of it would go to the face to eliminate the circles?

Old 02-23-2006, 05:29 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Graciecat HB UserGraciecat HB User

I also have sort of a blueish color under my eyes.
I asked my Doctor about it.
I have allergies...to many to list... and he told me that a lot of times people with allergies get the darkness under their eyes.
Also do you by any chance wear contact lenses?
I do and everyday since I was 15...I'm now in my 30's... I've been pulling down on the very delicate skin that's under my eyes when I put my contacts in.
I was told that this also could be another cause of the darkness.

Don't know if any of that applies to you, but it might be something to think about.

Closed Thread