Originally Posted by princesscol
Iím getting very scared as to what might happen to me. I am losing all hope in life. I donít want to take medication because sometimes I read it works great and then sometimes I read that it makes panic attacks worse. So bad that you call an ambulance. Iíve had that happen once to me and that was my very first attack that I had. I donít ever wan to be that way again. For the most part I get really anxious and I have really bad days but Iíve never went to the hospital and I have xanax that Iíve never taken. I just canít have that happen. I canít have another bad panic attack like that. It seems as though lately Iíve been able to stop that attacks quicker. I just breathe and try not to think about them and I take a bath or try and walk around the house. Sometimes I go with the attack and just keep telling myself that it will pass. That seems to stop me from having to call the ambulance. But if these meds control how you feel then wonít they control my thoughts no matter how much I try to calm myself down. I donít know Iím so lost and confused. Yesterday I was watching t.v. in the basement and my dad and step mom were upstairs and I just wanted to go upstairs and scream I canít take it anymore. They donít know how bad I suffer and I want to tell them because I donít think I can do it by myself anymore. Isnít there some kind of anxiety rehab or something where I can go and get help? I canít take these meds by myself I need supervision because I donít trust myself. I donít trust myself now I have no idea how I survived 3 years. I just donít know where to turn anymore. I feel Iíve reached my limit. I feel there is no relief or cure for these feelings or this pain. I just want help and I want my life back.
hi princess col
you have not reached you limit infact none of us have although we may believe we have! My advise from now and start doing it from this second! To make things more bearable from thi minute. ok. These paranoid thoughts you are having about you having to call ambulances etc and the fact med's can make panic attacks worse are just your thoughs blow out of proportion because you have been thinking alot that this might happen because currently your not thinking very clearly and are having distorted thoughts. Ok quick fix.
1. Get up and go out for a jog. not anything too vigurous you may really really not want to but just do it even if its ten minutes brisk walk do it just to get the heart rate up. Dont go over the top. exercise releases endorphins which make you feel better.
2. when you get back plan a healthy meal preferably fish. Oily fish salmon, makeral etc, with some vegtable's and a small portion of carbs eg. rice, potato's. make sure that you are faily relaxed before you delve into your food then your body will be able to digest the food. If you feel stressed leave it for a minute the feelin will pass. Enjoy every mouthful.
3.when you have finished relax for and let the food go down this is important for proper digestion.
4. make sure that while you are feeling like this that you are drinking plenty of bottled natural mineral water such as evian. This is very important if you are dehydrated then your thinking not be good for someone not suffering with anxiety its thought to be a 10% reduction in concertration if the body is dehydrated. That 10% could make a good difference in helping you think more clearly.
5. purchase camomile tea with natural bees honey, both of which are natural relaxants, maybe get a oil burner for your basement or bedroom put relaxing oils on.
6. ok now try to relax. maybe look up relaxatin techniques on the internet or take up yoga. learning to relax is important.
while feeling a little more relaxed plan your next day. if working plan parts of the day where your going to have your time to do what you wanna do. plan to do a little exercise maybe plan to take some days off work maybe to go on a holiday. These things above will help you to feel better and give you a clearer head its up to you to develop it and then take some control back of your life. Remember its your life so its up to you what you do no body owns you!
purchase self help books eg. feeling good (david d burns) CBT books. I believe what you eat and drink to be very important dealing with this some maybe get some books on healty eating you dont have to become a heath freak but its important you have a good balanced diet. Get allergy tested for food intolerances.
Anxiety can be controlled and you will get better!