It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2005, 08:17 AM   #1
(male)

Rogerwilco HB User
Anxiety is ruining my life, HELP!!

I'm only 1* years old and anxiety has possible done everything to ruin my life. First of all I feel like I cant do anything in the day without having a panic attack and social anxiety. I hate getting rides with my best friend cause I know we are good, good friends but he think hes starting to know I get real real real nervous and get panic attacks in the car. Life is so hard for me and I get very fusterated and cry at times. I pretty much avoid hanging out with my real friends cause im too afraid that ill look abnormal and have panic attacks. Basicly I avoid almost everything now, even school i try to ditch so i dont have to deal with anxiety and panic attacks for one day then I feel real bad. My brothers think I just want to ditch school because im a lazy bum and call me stupied etc. They have no clue whats happening in my life in reality, I feel like im going through the horriblest things for a fifteen year old. I use to be real populaur in school like the smart nice kid but now people think of me probably as mental scared kid or something.... Right now im struggling through life I dont know what to do.. im not going to school today cause i pretended to cry saying I was sick and i feel real bad. Social Anxiety, Agoraphobia, and Panic Attacks is ruining my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to start going out like I once did. Go out watch movies, go to the mall, visit my friends and everything. My parents are asian parents so they dont understand anything about brain chemistry. They think im like this and just need to think strong and it will go away but they dont understand. I'm really struggling right now and im desperte for help to get my life back. Im going to post some of the things that I avoid etc and can you tell me if this is postively panic attacks,social anxiety and agoraphobia?

- I really dislike getting rides with my friends dad I feel like im being looked at constantly and get real nervous.
- In class I pretty much try to avoid sitting in the front if i do sit in the front Ill have the worst panic attacks and social anxiety!
- I cant sit down and just want a good movie with my family without having the feeling that im being looked at and judged.
- In school I always try to sit in the back of class and during snack and lunch I hang out in the back of school.
- I really really really dislike going to crowded places I just look down.

Right now I feel that my anxiety has got so bad I dont even know whats happening in reality. I'm just so worried if ill have another panic attack and feel social anxiety. Sadly, I know that everything thats happening is not true and its false information because of chemical imbalance or whatever. Please can someone tell me if for sures sures I have Social Anxiety, Panic Attacks or Agoraphobia?

Last edited by ms_mod; 11-27-2005 at 01:05 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to Rogerwilco:
sharey1 (04-12-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-17-2005, 08:24 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

gxpark1234 HB User
Re: Anxiety is ruining my life, HELP!!

i know this sounds hard to do and i cant even do it yet.. but u need to go out and force yourself to do things... at first itll seem impossible but i bet youll be happy u did..

Old 11-17-2005, 08:31 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

layla= HB User

I know its hard, can you make an appointment with your dr, talk to him about how you feel and get him to talk to your arents, they may understand if it comes from a proffessional.
You need to see the Dr to try get some therapy sorted.
I have gone through all you describe and more and am getting my life back thanx to alot of positive thinking and determination, and of course these boards and therapy, sitting around is not going to make you feel better, doing something positive about how you feel will. Honestly, it may be hard and it wont happen overnight or even in a few weeks it will take time, but you will get there.
Stay strong

Old 11-17-2005, 11:30 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

to roger, the actual diagnosis doesnt matter much, get some self help books or tapes on overcoming agoraphobia or panic disorder and follow their advice
some valium as needed will help a lot if you can get any
see a GP doc who may want you to take an antidepressant, these often help a lot but can have nasty early side effects

stay with us and read the other posts

Old 11-22-2005, 08:50 PM   #5
(male)

Rogerwilco HB User

tyhx everyone.. i finally saw my counseler today at 6 clock we discussed my issues and he is going to see me again on tuesday

Old 11-23-2005, 11:44 AM   #6
(female)

anxiety_1234 HB User

Hey Roger...Im really glad that you have seen a counsler...Im writing to you because I had the exact same thing happen to me. I had a really bad panick attack at school and from that day on I couldnt bare to leave the house. I was diagnosed with social anxiety disorder and severe anxiety. I was terrified to leave the house. I couldnt even go out with my friends. And I too was really popular in school. So my absence from it was obvious. I thought everyone was going to think that I was a mental case. They didnt though. They supported me. They came to my house at random days and forced me to go out with them. I would be so nervous in the car. I would get panick attacks....but they understood. Bascially..the best thing to do is to FORCE yourself to get out. Its easier said then done I know..but I did that and now 8 months later I can go out all night again..stay at my friends house. etc. Im also on zoloft. It really helps with anxiety. Talk to your doctor about it. It really helped me. Im taking 50 mg. Hoped this gave you some insight. Oh and by the way...Im seventeen. So were not to much off in age diff. I was sixteen when this all first started. Just know that you WILL get over it and move on with your life. Have your parents read some information on the internet and really let them undertand anxiety is real. Good luck!!!

Closed Thread