It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2005, 02:54 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

jennyVee HB UserjennyVee HB User
does lexapro help with anxiety

does lexapro help with anxiety?

Old 11-22-2005, 07:29 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User
Re: does lexapro help with anxiety

Lexapro works for alot of people,but it wont work the same for everyone.None of the anti depressants work the same for every person you would just have to try it out and see.You may feel slight side effects for the first week or even month or so some feel more anxiety at times until the med has time to build up good in your system.I take Lexapro and I had some lightheadedness off and on for the first weak,but that was it and it works pretty well for me now.It has stopped a load of my symptoms and I was in extreme anxiety.If you try it just keep with your doctor on any side effects if you feel any at all.Dont be scared to try a med if that is the choice you make........it could be the one thing that helps you work towards getting better.........please get into therapy too......i wish i could

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-22-2005, 07:32 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

I myself have a therapist that is great but charges $150, he charges me only $75 but thats alot per week, but i will see him at least every 2 weeks.

Old 11-22-2005, 10:37 PM   #4

sayNOtoanxiety HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnmomofive
Lexapro works for alot of people,but it wont work the same for everyone.None of the anti depressants work the same for every person you would just have to try it out and see.You may feel slight side effects for the first week or even month or so some feel more anxiety at times until the med has time to build up good in your system.I take Lexapro and I had some lightheadedness off and on for the first weak,but that was it and it works pretty well for me now.It has stopped a load of my symptoms and I was in extreme anxiety.If you try it just keep with your doctor on any side effects if you feel any at all.Dont be scared to try a med if that is the choice you make........it could be the one thing that helps you work towards getting better.........please get into therapy too......i wish i could
Do you mind if I ask you how bad your anxiety was and what types of symptoms you had that were relieved by the Lexapro? Did you have panic attacks as well? I've been prescribed it but I can't bring myself to take it. I'm so afraid of having a horrible reaction to it. I have alot of medication phobias. Thanks.

Old 11-23-2005, 07:29 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

HI , i do too, i want to try wellbutrin but am also scared of trying it, I mean i always think these meds will have an effect on our brain in the long run, especially if taken for long time, but thats just what i think, but for now the root of my prob is anxiety and xanax relives it, I just hope i dont get hooked to it since for 3 days in a row i have been taking it.

Closed Thread