It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2005, 08:21 PM   #1
(female)

goldengirlz HB User
bone crushing fatigue

Hi I'm new to this board and to the idea that I may have anxiety and not cancer or chronic fatigue or some other physical ailment.

here are my symptoms:

Pretty severe fatigue-some days I feel so heavy I can't believe I can get out of bed
brain fog-I feel almost disconnected with the real world, flat and unable to really "see" things
Fast thoughts-There are always a million thoughts/conversations/memories going in my brain
Tinnitus- I have constant ringing in my ears
IBS- this one has subsided pretty much, but there are still foods I must avoid
Numb tingling arms every morning when I wake up
Fingernail sensitivity- just kidding, that one's a quote from What About Bob.

Pretty much the most annoying symptoms are the fatigue and brain fog. I don't know if brain fog is the right word. I used to think it was my vision because everything seems blurred and too hard for me to see. Almost like I'm always spacing out and never really focusing on anything.

Does this sound like anything anyone can relate to or am I in the wrong place?

Old 11-29-2005, 08:39 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Fabat40 HB User
Re: bone crushing fatigue

Hi there,

I was experiencing some of your symptoms such as the "heavy" feeling, couldn't get out of bed because I know I have to go to my super-stressful job. I was also feeling depressed, angry, irritable, just plain ******-off at anybody who came near me at work.

I took time off and did what I've always wanted to do, travel and relax. I didn't care if I loose my job. I pretty much snapped and told my boss that I need some "medical" time off to get my sanity back. Thanks heavens I didn't get fired. But the thought of going back to work depressed me again as my "medical" leave was coming to an end. So I bought a sports car. I figured, at least I can drive something fun and something I've always wanted to a job that stresses me out.

I also changed my attitude. I figured, the company I work for was there when I got there, and it'll still be there when I leave. If something didn't get done, it's no big deal. To top it off, since I adapted this new attitude, they promoted me! Then I learned to delegate.

But some of your symptoms may be something else. You may want to see your doctor & have a physical.

Good luck and let us know how it goes

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2005, 04:41 AM   #3

bladebeam HB User

"I figured, the company I work for was there when I got there, and it'll still be there when I leave. If something didn't get done, it's no big deal"

That is a good approach, I use the same one, I went from the "I dont care" attitude to the "my god everything must get done" attitude. But now I am safely in the middle I think.

Old 11-30-2005, 01:04 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

SRMom HB User

Fingernail sensitivity...lol!! Thanks for the laugh.

Brain fog and fatigue are things I feel with my hormonal ups and downs of my menstrual cycle. My anxiety level is definitely affected too, with racing thoughts, etc. I don't know if you have anxiety or chronic fatigue...I think you would need to talk to your doctor about your symptoms and the two of you can narrow it down. I'd keep a diary or journal of your symptoms to take with you to your appointments. I know that helps me, because my brain is in a constant fog and I need the help (I keep my brain on Post It notes these days).

Old 11-30-2005, 05:54 PM   #5
(female)

cmsaint HB User

It sounds like Fibromyalgia. I have it as well as anxiety, GAD. We share all the same symptoms!

Old 12-01-2005, 01:09 PM   #6
(female)

goldengirlz HB User

thanks all for your replies.

I actually did just go to the doctor for a workup. I wanted to test for chronic fatigue, but my doctor doesn't think testing for that is worthwhile. So he's testing me for lupus and some other stuff. He really thinks it's caused by anxiety. I told him I just wanted to make sure we weren't missing anything obvious, since I don't have panic attacks and don't feel overly anxious. Or any more so than most. This has been a problem for like 10 years, so I need to get it fixed.

Take care!

Old 12-01-2005, 04:06 PM   #7
(female)

Auburn_Phoenix HB User

Wow! I'm going through some similar stuff. Joint pain, brain fog, memory loss, muscle pain, limb & facial numbness, and intense fatigue. Having a crummy time at my job too (in another thread).

It could be hormonal (thyroid, pituitary tumor, etc...). Could be something else (lyme, cancer, ovary cysts)--or nothing. I also was tested for lupus.

One thing is for sure: anxiety makes it worse!

It's good to at least eliminate potential health problems, but also to remove stressful eliments (crappy job, psycho bf, etc...).

Last edited by Auburn_Phoenix; 12-01-2005 at 04:08 PM.

Closed Thread