It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2005, 01:43 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

manchak99 HB User
Is this anxiety? Lightheaded only symptom?

have been dealing with dizziness and lightheadedness since early October. Did have a sinus infection and some ear fluid but was put on 2 bouts of meds and still to no avail do i have a normal life. had a catscan done and it came back normal. should i have an MRI? what would that show that a catscan doesn't show? could this be anxiety only? I just go to work and that's it....can't go out alone without worrying that i'll get this off balance feeling. it's not like the room is spinning (most of the time), it's just a wierd feeling-feel like i could lose focus and that i could pass out but i never do. what is this? How long will this last? asked doc if this could be anxiety attacks and he said if i'm not feeling doomed or overwhelmed, it's not....but it could be without me feeling those things right?

HELP! Want my life back!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-09-2005, 01:50 PM   #2
(female)

Jazzy Flower HB User
Re: Is this anxiety? Lightheaded only symptom?

How's your blood pressure? An inner ear infection can also make you feel dizzy and off-balance. Just a thought.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-09-2005, 01:57 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

manchak99 HB User

well, bp was fine.....when i was at the docs before my cat scan.....also, my ears did have some fluid in them the last two times i was there.......but not much.

Old 12-09-2005, 01:58 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

manchak99 HB User

what was your main symptom...all of you before being dx with anxiety?

my main symptom is lightheadedness which pushes my heart rate up....i'm now so scared to be out alone in a store that i don't do it...or if i have to, i panick that something will happen like i'll pass out in public! never do pass out, but fear that!

had a sinus infection in october that was treated and the lightheadedness was associated with that. then it continued after sinus issues went away. in november i had my sinuses and head cat scanned and all was clear. had wisdom teeth pulled thinking it could be them.

NO...still suffering and my doc doesn't think it's anxiety since i don't have the doom feeling....but i do get really freaked with this lightheaded feeling....don't really have it when i wake up.....

anyone else only have this symtplm and still dx with anxiety?

Old 12-09-2005, 02:43 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

CFD 333 HB User

ManChak99, I don't want to try to diagnose you over the internet like this and I'm certainly not a psychologist, but the symptoms you describe in the situations that you describe them in sound VERY much like panic attacks complicated by agoraphobia (fear of the marketplace).

To elaborate, panic attacks initially come on without warning and with no apparent cause. Most people don't even have a clue as to what is actually happening to them...they fear that something is physically wrong and go to doctors to test them for everything under the sun. What usually happens is that the physical examination yields nothing and the doctor will diagnose this as psychological problem.

If the patient become frightened of these attack, they continue to experience them more and more frequently. These attacks can become so frightening that a person may actually fear leaving the home for fear of passing out or embarrasing themselves in public.

I could be wrong, but this sounds a lot like what you are experiencing. Of course, I am all for rulling out every other possible medical explanation, but 99 times out of 100, doctors will not find anything wrong physically wrong with you.

What is actually happening could very well be that you are fearing the panic attacks when you go out into public and therefore you actually do panic...it is a vicious cycle that is complicated by negative thoughts, reading to much into physical symptoms and believing they are harmful to you, and refusing to do anything about them for fear of embarrasing yourself or appearing weak.

If all you tests result show normal, I would seriously consider psychological/psychiatric treatment.

Closed Thread