It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2005, 04:00 PM   #1

mike_1984 HB User
Anyone else get twitches

Hi all, my new main concern here is that I get muscle twitches. Sometimes my lip will twitch or "move on its own". Sometimes my tricep, alot of action in my legs, sometimes hand. It's like muscle contractions or twitches I guess you can say, when you look at your skin, sometimes you can even see the muscle contract and move. It has like a bubbling effect.

I never get anything major like a swinging limb or anything but these thigns have been happening for months now. Hasn't really much gotten any worse than it was but i've been having more muscle twiches in my legs and calf. Also, sometimes I get like vibrations in my feet, as if someone has put a slightly vibrating cell phone on it or something. It's weird. Also, sometimes my muscles in my leg tighten a little, nothing major. I severly fear a neuro muscular disease because of this. I fear MS or even worse ALS.

It also happens when i'm not anxious but this is because I rarely have anxiety attacks. My psychologist tells me that I have obssesive thoughts, I can't get the idea that I have a disease out of my head. But the thing that freaks me out is that I get these twitches even when i'm not thinking about my "disease". He said the mind continues to work. Anyways, anyone else have these twitches or "bubbling" of muscles?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-18-2005, 05:22 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User
Re: Anyone else get twitches

hi mike
I have had twitches off and on for years usualy its an eye,lip,or in a leg.I also think I have had that "vibrating" in my chest.I have felt this vibrating ,or electrical type feeling across my chest off and on for the last month and yes it is really strange none of it is painful.I have no idea if this has to do with anxiety or not.Maybe everyone gets these types of things ,but we notice them more ...I dunno..........gonna see what others have to say

take care

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-18-2005, 11:05 PM   #3

sayNOtoanxiety HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_1984
Hi all, my new main concern here is that I get muscle twitches. Sometimes my lip will twitch or "move on its own". Sometimes my tricep, alot of action in my legs, sometimes hand. It's like muscle contractions or twitches I guess you can say, when you look at your skin, sometimes you can even see the muscle contract and move. It has like a bubbling effect.

I never get anything major like a swinging limb or anything but these thigns have been happening for months now. Hasn't really much gotten any worse than it was but i've been having more muscle twiches in my legs and calf. Also, sometimes I get like vibrations in my feet, as if someone has put a slightly vibrating cell phone on it or something. It's weird. Also, sometimes my muscles in my leg tighten a little, nothing major. I severly fear a neuro muscular disease because of this. I fear MS or even worse ALS.

It also happens when i'm not anxious but this is because I rarely have anxiety attacks. My psychologist tells me that I have obssesive thoughts, I can't get the idea that I have a disease out of my head. But the thing that freaks me out is that I get these twitches even when i'm not thinking about my "disease". He said the mind continues to work. Anyways, anyone else have these twitches or "bubbling" of muscles?
Hi there. I can definitely relate. I get these twitches alot. I get them anywhere and everywhere. Even the bottoms of my feet! I've also occasionally felt vibrations in my lower legs and feet also. Like you, I worry about some form of neuro disease, but I've had a brain and neck MRI that was normal, and blood work that was totally normal with no muscle damage or atrophy. I get these twitches more when I'm experiencing more anxiety, but I also get them when I'm less anxious and not thinking about them also. It's scary, but most anxiety symptoms lists I've seen has muscle twitching on them. You're not alone!

Old 12-19-2005, 08:09 AM   #4

jasmyn04 HB User

Nope, you're not alone. I think that alot of people get this bubbling and twitching! Its just that us worriers make more of it than it really is.

I noticed when I was in high school choir, one day a girl had a twitching lip.. and everyone was like "yeah I hate when that happens". And one day, another girl had a bubbling feeling in her leg, she was like "It feels like something is trying to pound its way out of my leg."

So I think it is a common, everyday type of thing. I know I get the twitching.. yesterday my leg muscle wouldnt stop twitching. I get the bubbling feeling too.. I'm glad you brought that up. It certaintly is a weird feeling.

Old 12-24-2005, 11:06 PM   #5
(female)

kayla000 HB User

Don't worry at all! I went to a rheumatologist years ago complaining about those muscle twitches. I was afraid that I had MS and ALS too. Besides, those are not the symptoms of those diseases or at least the early symptoms. Well...that was over ten years ago and I worried for absolutely nothing. Tension, stress and anxiety can cause those annoying twitches. My advice to you is to RELAX!!

Old 12-25-2005, 08:44 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Rick7799 HB User

Sounds like benign fasciculation syndrome. I have had muscle twitches for years with no other symptoms. The only way to ease your mind is to go to a neuro and get an a EMG test done. I felt much better after finding out the test was normal.

If you are having no other symptoms that is a good sign. With ALS, muscle twitching is one of the last symptoms.

Old 12-25-2005, 08:25 PM   #7
(female)

starrynight3333 HB User

i am on zoloft for anxiety and even these past few days i have been dealing with twitching, mine has been in my upper leg area and my arms. i too at one time feared ms for pins and tingling sensations, but when i was diagnosed with general anxiety disorder my doctor said that ms is a common fear of people with anxiety, due to the similarity of the symptoms...

so in answer to your question, you are not alone

best of luck to you : )

Old 12-29-2005, 09:29 AM   #8
(female)

JordysMom HB User

Yep, get them all the time. I'm still in the process of trying to find out if they're just from anxiety or not, but I'm thinking maybe. I just posted a huge post about my issues.

Closed Thread