It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2005, 10:57 AM   #1
(male)

Jonev11 HB User
Happy Holidays (Positive Experiences)

I just saw a bunch of heavy, anxiety related threads and thought it would be good to discuss something a bit more positive. I hope everyone enjoys the holidays. I am hosting a dinner party of about 7 people and I am not going to let my anxiety stop me. Sometimes you have to show it who's boss. I think it would be good if other people discussed how they are going to celebrate their holidays and tell their anxiety to go screw itself.
So anyway I am glad I found this site and have found people to vent with. Happy Holidays

Old 12-20-2005, 11:17 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SRMom HB User
Re: Happy Holidays (Positive Experiences)

{REMOVED}

I am celebrating with some family members at a restaurant on Friday night and will have overnight guests so they won't have to drink and drive all the way home. Then on Christmas Day, my husband and son and I will spend the morning together, opening gifts and having a special breakfast I make every year. Then we will drive to my brother's house and have a huge gathering with our side of the family and my sister-in-law's side of the family. I'll probably make some side dishes to take with us and help cook when I get there. There will be tons of kids running around, playing, and my son and husband will bring their instruments and play Christmas music for everyone...we'll likely have a sing-along too. I'm really looking forward to it. Then we will stay overnight for an extended visit.

Later, next week, I'll be getting my house ready for a New Year's Eve gathering. It's usually small, but can be big if people don't go out of town. We will get noise makers and confetti, party hats, etc. and lots of food, Martinelli's sparkling cider for the kids and champagne for the adults. We will enjoy just being together and leave our worries behind for the moment.

Happy Holidays to everyone and thank you so much for all the support you give me and others!

Last edited by ms_mod; 12-20-2005 at 03:11 PM. Reason: When a post is edited by a Moderator don't re-edit to get the Moderators comments off your post.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-20-2005, 11:19 AM   #3
(male)

1010 HB User

Here here - happy holidays to all, and thanks for all the help and support these last few months. We all deserve a great holiday season.

Old 12-20-2005, 12:07 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User

that all sounds wonderful.....i hope yall have a awesome time anxiety-free! or at least close.

We will probably have ham and things for christmas eve and then watch the kids faces light up while opening their presents christmas morning (i love it).we dont have family here so there wont be any big get togethers,but thats alright we have each other.Usualy a few friends stop by as well.

I am glad the shopping is overwith whew its crazy out there!

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Old 12-20-2005, 12:18 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

layla= HB User

Am a busy bee over the hols, am travelling to clacton and to cambridge to visit relatives on boxing day and new years, have two dinners xmas eve to attend and am cooking xmas dinner for my lil sis who live next door and her baby possibly her boyf.
All will be jolly
A big thank you to all, for all your support
Have a good one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-20-2005, 12:22 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

mjewell HB Usermjewell HB Usermjewell HB Usermjewell HB User

Great idea!! On Christmas eve my hubby and I usually go to his dad's house for dinner and Christmas movies and presents opening. Then on Saturday morning we do our own little Christmas. We don't have kids so we watch our dogs open their stockings, LOL. Then I make coffee with Baily's mmmmmmmmm, then we are off to a family day marathon - his mom's, my parents, etc. It's a long day and my favorite part is in the morning when we are alone and cozy and at night when we come home and it's just the two of us again.

Old 12-20-2005, 12:41 PM   #7
(male)

Jonev11 HB User

It's nice to see that we are NOT our anxiety, but real people with plans and lives. It's good to remind yourself that you are not your condition, it does not define you, it is just something you deal with. By the way the dogs opening presents bit was funny thanks.

Old 12-20-2005, 06:15 PM   #8
(female)

mackenzie61 HB User

Such a great idea for a thread!

I'm just so happy to be home for Christmas this year! We do a Scandinavian smorgasbord-type Christmas eve dinner -- easy to cook and yummy!

Wishing all of you a wonderful holiday season....

Old 12-20-2005, 08:45 PM   #9
(female)

ajas HB User

Merry Christmas all you guys and gals,
I am going on a weeks holiday, just me & partner , 20yr old and 18 yr old kids want to stay in town at THEIR house and have a party for mates, they will be around at my place 24th to open pressies, we will all go out for lunch to a nice restaurant, then I am away, we wont care what we eat, but will have loads of champagne, and simply do nothing.
I wish you all the very best and in 2006 I hope we all find the peace we so deservedly should have.

XX
Sue

Closed Thread