It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2006, 08:25 AM   #1
(female)

MmeMulot HB User
Cold all the time/frequent urination?

I have GAD and maybe depression, although it seems like a chicken-or-the-egg thing there -- am I depressed because I worry all the time?

Does anyone else feel cold all the time? I'll be in a room with a bunch of friends, and they'll all be hot, and I'll feel cold. I always have to bundle up. Sometimes I even have to wear gloves at work in the office. Sometimes it feels like I'll never be warm again. Of course, when it's hot, I feel hot out of proportion, too!

I also have to pee all the time, it seems like. I've always said I have a bladder the size of a BB pellet, but when I have to go, I really have to GO! When I'm really anxious, it seems like I might as well just stay in the bathroom, I have to go so often. Anyone else experience this?

Last edited by MmeMulot; 01-03-2006 at 08:26 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2006, 10:28 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tina76 HB User
Re: Cold all the time/frequent urination?

Yes, when I am nervous and/or anxious I have the urge to pee constantly as well. I know exactly what you mean. I've had that problem for as long as I can remember. But it doesn't seem to cause any problems other than just being annoying...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2006, 04:19 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

twanger HB User

Yes, I also get hot/cold and frequent urination associated with anxiety. It is the pits when it happens.

Old 01-04-2006, 11:49 AM   #4
(female)

MmeMulot HB User

Thanks for the replies. Because I have awful health anxiety, it helps calm me down some to know that others have the same physical issues.

Old 01-04-2006, 12:02 PM   #5
(male)

1010 HB User

I have had the cold thing on numorous occasions. Historically, I have always been hot - my wife and I used to fight about things like flannel sheets. Also, I used to sleep in boxers and nothing else (Too much info?). Now, I am in Sweatpants and a sweatshirt every night. I often have to put a blanket over when watching TV - I figured it was a result of the anxiety.

Old 01-05-2006, 08:53 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

himmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB User
Question Re: Cold all the time/frequent urination?

Hi, I am new, and have had the cold sysdrome for years, I hate it, I go to bed with Sweats on and a sweatshirt, and wake up in a terrible cold sweat. I am going to the doctor next week, for I am taking Effexor and don't understand why this is just all the sudden starting (Night sweats)? I hate it. I am only 38, so surely not menopause yet?

I think something is way out of wack, But I will never, ever give up. Any of you had this problem before?

Thanks, and keep smiling.....Donna!

Old 01-05-2006, 10:44 AM   #7
(female)

Kerrygold HB User

Hi - I am new to the forum, although not new to anxiety. Just going through another episode after being ok for while. I've just started back on my meds and am experiencing v.cold feet and frequent trips to the bathroom. Wondered if it was the meds ?

Old 01-05-2006, 11:06 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

tina76 HB User

himmylover - I get the nigth sweats too. My doc's aren't sure 100% what is causing it. I have a chronic pain condition on top of my depression/anxiety... Plus, I AM a woman... and it could end up being a hormonal imbalance. So she did start me on some estrogen just in case. They also gave me lorazapam in case it is anxiety related and also raised my regular anti-depressant (celexa) and sleep meds (trazadone).

Old 01-05-2006, 11:42 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

katidid95 HB User

I'm usually on the menopause board, but read here too. I started having anxiety for the first time about 8 months ago which I believe was brought on by perimenopause. I've tended to be cold anyway, but it's been way worse lately. Sometimes to the point of shivering. I keep blaming it on hormones, but it does seem worse when my anxiety is high (also probably when hormones are fluctuating or low). I've also dealth with frequent urination most of my adult life. When I was younger I got a lot of UTI's. But, again, lately it seems more related to anxiety, hormones, etc. I especially notice it when my anxiety is high and I have bad insomnia (maybe only sleep 3-4 hours). I'm trying to treat the anxiety with natural hormones. It's been a long process and I'm still not 100%, but basically at a place where I do feel better. So is it the anxiety that causes these 2 symptoms or hormones? Very frustrating!

Old 01-05-2006, 11:53 AM   #10
(female)

MmeMulot HB User

I also get night sweats. My doctor said if someone has night sweats, the first three things she thinks could be causing them are anxiety, anxiety and anxiety.

Closed Thread