It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2006, 06:24 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

gxpark1234 HB User
crazy weird scary dreams.. please help

Hi, lately for the past coupld months ive been getting some crazy dreams, totally off based that doesnt make sense at all.. these dreams are so crazy i dont even want to talk about it.. but i guess one of the scariest dreams i had was that i was dreamiing normally, then all the sudden i heard this very very loud BARK then all the sudden i woke up and there was nothing there... I could of sworn it was in real life.. i dunno i woke up then it was gone, i dont think i could just dream one loud Bark like from a dog.. anyway, i woke up and it went away.. this scared me because im worried it means my brain is malfunctioning or just means im just straight up crazy??? i just dont know anymore ever since the doctors said i had anxiety/panic.. any advice would be appreciated.. is this a sign of something ?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2006, 08:32 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Punkdizzle HB User
Re: crazy weird scary dreams.. please help

i wouldnt even worry about that.. i have had stuff like that happen while comming out of sleep or falling asleep for years and i am still not crazy.. its quite normal and i am willing to bet it happens to more people then are willing to admit to it.. if you start hearing things when you are fully awake then worry...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2006, 08:52 AM   #3
(male)

nuttyprof. HB User

For the past week I havent really been getting too much sleep but when I do I've been having strange vivid nightmares. When i wake up I'm feeling anxious and confused. I don't know if its a side effect of the medication or not.

Old 01-23-2006, 11:12 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

these strange dreams are often a side effect from antidepressant or some other meds

Old 01-23-2006, 11:51 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

gxpark1234 HB User

hry33, i dont take any meds and never did.. thats why im so worried thanks

Old 01-23-2006, 01:42 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User

I get this sometimes too.I am not taking meds either.......I have had the same type of things happen along with random off the wall thoughts as im trying to get to sleep and then its like a switch goes off on my head suddenly I can hardly remember what was going through my head.I agree that alot of people have this stuff anf its is probably normal

Old 01-23-2006, 02:04 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

lindsalou HB User

Hey gx,
This happens to me alot (i to dont take meds), i hear the phone ringing, loud bangs etc, that make me jump from my sleep. I also have very strange dreams that are SO real that i sometimes think that things actually happened (when of course they havent).
I had this for as long as i can remeber, and apart from the anxiety im still pretty much well balanced (mentally).
Try not to worry, im sure its something that everyone has from time to time.
Linds

Old 01-23-2006, 04:04 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

SRMom HB User

This happens to me too sometimes if I'm taking a nap during the daytime. There is a name for it when you are falling asleep and when you are waking, but I can't remember what it is...maybe someone else can.

Old 01-23-2006, 04:56 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

Punkdizzle HB User

Quote:
There is a name for it when you are falling asleep and when you are waking, but I can't remember what it is...maybe someone else can.
Hypnagogic/Hhypnopompic hallucinations.

Hypnagogic occurring at sleep onset.

Hypnopompic when it happens as you wake up..

Old 01-23-2006, 05:40 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

gxpark1234 HB User

is it serious or does it mean a mental disorder>?? what does this mean? thanks

Old 01-23-2006, 05:47 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(male)

Punkdizzle HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gxpark1234
is it serious or does it mean a mental disorder>?? what does this mean? thanks

it means nothing really.. in one article i read it mentioned that it is more common among subjects with symptoms of insomnia, excessive daytime sleepiness or mental disorders.. and also in ppl with narcolepsy..

i really wouldnt worry about it...

Last edited by Punkdizzle; 01-23-2006 at 05:51 PM.

Old 01-23-2006, 05:48 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User

no its not serious or a mental disorder it is normal but even moreso normal it seems for people with anxiety disorders.Try not to worry your fine when I first had things like this happen I wigged out about it too that was yrs ago and im fine now havent gone crazy .......just still have anxiety disorder

Old 01-23-2006, 06:36 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(male)

gxpark1234 HB User

ty very much..

Old 01-23-2006, 08:35 PM   #14
(male)

slseem HB User

I had similar type dreams. I had dreams where houses in the forest were talking to me and following me in an attempt to harm me. I would have a dream where I worked with monsters and their job was to go out and scare people. They were nice people except for when they were at work. We worked in a building that was 5 miles high and had guard dogs that were 100 feet long. I had a dream where to get home I had to cross thru a frontier that was all forest that was 30 thousand feet in elevation. This forest was full of the most famous of serial killers. I had one dream where I would come home and all the windows were broken, the TV was on and the dog was watching it. I would go upstairs and find a mummy in the tub taking a bath.
I have some more that are alot worse but you get the idea.

I was told that that I was having these dreams because my kidney was not functioning well and that the extra toxins in my body was posioning my brain and causing me to have these type dreams. I was also told that some of these were not dreams. I had a dream where I had helped someone escape from a bad situation and had them hide out in a hotel. I thought it was a dream until I got my credit card bill and had a hotel bill on it. Docs told me that I was so sick, that I never realized what I was doing. I went on dialysis 2 days later.

I was also told that the narcotics I was taking may of played a part in the dreams but I dont know about that because I am still taking the painkillers and have not had any strange dreams since I got a kidney transplant.

I am not saying you have a kidney problem. If you were at that point, you would most certainly know about it, thats just what my experience was.

Old 01-24-2006, 01:33 AM   #15
(female)

Triple777 HB User
Thumbs up Re: crazy weird scary dreams.. please help

I've had every weird horrible kind of dream/nightmare you can imagine all my life, since I can remember them starting when I was about 4 years old (I am 43 now). They really haunted me, until I understood what many of them meant (when I met someone who interprets dreams about 10 years ago). I've had the barking one, I've also heard someone scream my name in my ear, yet I wake up and no one is there. I've had dreams where someone was suffocating me in my bed and I thought I was awake. I had a dream the other night that made me think I kept waking up in my bed, but I couldn't move, over and over and I started screaming for help cause I couldn't move, and then it would seem like I woke up, but it would start over again. It happened a half a dozen times before I woke up for real, and by then I was terrified that I was still asleep. Don't be afraid of your dreams, they are just your subconsious sending messages to your conscious. The scarier the dream, the more important the message. Dream props are completely different from what things mean in the real world. I would suggest that you buy a dream dictionary, or even look it up online to get more insight as to what the messages mean. The worst nightmare in the world is nothing to worry about, but can give you valuable information into what you are thinking about. It's only scary because you don't understand what it means. So relax, you're just fine.

Closed Thread