It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2006, 05:13 PM   #1
(female)

debbie2862 HB User
question for those with health anxiety

I have been having all kinds of pains and aches all over my body for a few weeks now. It all started when (I think) I pulled a chest muscle. Well, I assumed that the pains I was having were my heart but that all checked out OK. Since then, I've been having pains in all different areas. Today for example, all morning my left shoulder was killing me. Then that went away and now I have pain in my right side.

Has anyone ever experienced this 'roaming' symptom thing???? I swear I think I'm losing my mind or something is REALLY wrong that is affecting my whole body.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2006, 07:13 PM   #2
(female)

megustapunkrock HB User
Re: question for those with health anxiety

OMG, I feel exactly this way, one day it will be my arm or my neck then its my legs, some days it is my whole body but most of the time my head feels weird. I hope this helps. I aslways scare myself that i am dying.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2006, 07:28 PM   #3
(female)

bocana HB User

This has been my life for the last few years. I used to have "inner mental" anxiety; now I have these physical weird aches and pains. I know that it is anxiety manifesting itself in new and different forms.

It seems once I solve one symptom, another comes to test me. It is hard to deal objectively with physical problems, because in the back of your mind, I think THIS IS IT!
I'm going to die of ... (whatever the symptom is)!

Old 01-30-2006, 08:29 PM   #4
(female)

debbie2862 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bocana

It seems once I solve one symptom, another comes to test me. It is hard to deal objectively with physical problems, because in the back of your mind, I think THIS IS IT!
I'm going to die of ... (whatever the symptom is)!
That is EXACTLY how it is with me. I see different doctors and its like I check off one thing and then something else pops up. Eventually, I guess I'll have nothing left to check. haha.

Old 01-30-2006, 08:31 PM   #5
(female)

debbie2862 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by megustapunkrock
some days it is my whole body but most of the time my head feels weird. I hope this helps. I aslways scare myself that i am dying.
My head always feels weird too! What is that????
It's something that I can't even explain well enough to ask a doctor about it, you know?

Old 01-31-2006, 03:09 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

luv2read HB User

Me too! I was dx'd with fibro in 96. Totaly healthy and in good shape before 1995. When second son was born at the end of 95 and all heck broke loose between families, I started getting physical symptoms.

I went 10 yrs looking for answers. MS, lupus, pd, and the list goes on.

Every test normal for 10 yrs.

My take on it all now that it's been 10 yrs.:
1995 stess from families, depression set in, dissociation set in (didn't know this back then though), anxiety set in....
10 yrs of all of this + a H who doesn't talk about things w/me adds up to:

Stess+depression+anxiety+panic attacks=fibromyalgia & chronic Myofacial Pain Syndrome (which the dr dx'd me with when I fought the fibro dx)

*This is my experience only* H still doesn't communicate w/me

Wanted to add that I also developed (back then) TMJ, endometriosis, and Gerd....all symptoms that I didn't have before all of this happened in 95
Also possible now that it's all called somatization disorder.

Last edited by luv2read; 01-31-2006 at 03:20 AM.

Old 01-31-2006, 07:16 AM   #7
(female)

yankees123 HB User

Hello- I SO know what you are talking about! My pain goes from one area to another and I think it always stems from a pulled chest muscle as well. One minute my arm hurts, the next minute my shoulder, than my back....it's endless!! I have been for every test which has always checked out negative. (Thank god!) It got to the point where I started on Zoloft 2 weeks ago. Hang in there....things will get better!

Old 02-01-2006, 09:00 PM   #8

Kimme81 HB User
Health Anxiety Sucks

Hey everybody.. It's been awhile since I have posted b/c I've been feeling pretty good. The past two days have been rough though. In December I had my last "symptom" checked out.. and, as I kind of suspected, my heart was fine. According to the doctor, "Heart palpitations are normal" and I should just "ignore them." (Yeah, right) I've been ok since then, but now, I'm having all these weird pains like a lot of you are describing. My left hip feels very tight and strained, and I get dull aches in my back and lower pelvic area. I've been thru all the symptom shifting too. I used to get weird joint pain & I swore I had lymes disease. Then it went to headaches, which equaled a brain tumor, I've had weird tingly feelings in my arms & legs, and this, of course equals a stroke. My mind also goes directly to cancer... colon cancer, ovarian cancer... It's like this evil word that pops into my head at the slightest sign of anything that I interpret as an abnormal feeling. It's so frustrating b/c I am reluctant to go to my Doc. He just wants me to take meds, but I feel like my concerns are valid, and I have to beg him to give me tests for the things I am concerned about. I feel for anyone who is experiencing these things b/c it is a nightmare.. Atleast we have these boards to know we are not alone.. Hope all is well.... Kim

Old 02-02-2006, 06:56 AM   #9
(female)

AlwaysWorriedEM HB User

I am a health anxiety sufferer too. I don't know if it's allowed to post links to other sites but I just wanted you all to know that there are wonderful support boards for people like us.. {REMOVED}

{Please read the posting rules. Posting links to other message forums/chat rooms or websites violates the board posting rules as does posting search instructions to find such websites. Ms_Mod}

Last edited by ms_mod; 02-02-2006 at 08:46 AM.

Old 02-02-2006, 01:38 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

mim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB User

I am going through the "roaming" pain also. I was dx with fibro and myofascial pain. I have had anxiety and depression for years. The symptoms I see on here sound very familiar!
Hope everyone hangs in there!
~Mim

Old 02-02-2006, 05:44 PM   #11
(male)

Paul_b HB User

I have depression and anxiety and suffer from twitches and pain, mostly in my wrists and ankles. I've had all the tests, neurological, lyme, arthritis, Etc. and they are fine. I try not to think about it. I have been told that depression and anxiety can cause these physical symptoms. Best to get checked and if OK, relax. (yeah, easier said than done, I know!)

Old 02-03-2006, 07:45 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

itburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB User

Honestly, as we grow older, pains come and go. I get a lot of muscle pains. So does really everyone I know. We all laugh about it. I think when you are in an anxious state you hone in on it and then get nervous about it. We all do it. The trick is to keep as busy as you can, if possible get out and go out and have a little fun. If you can't get out-call a friend-rent a really funny movie. A real strain can easily take 3-6 weeks to recover.

Old 02-03-2006, 02:02 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

lindsalou HB User

I to get the 'roaming pain'. Mine can be headache, stomach, upper back and shoulders. My latest one is actually in my heart, it goes from my heart upto my shoulder. Guess what, a couple of antacids and its gone (lol).
Ive had every test known and im still here, but its a truly horrible thing to have.
what most people would brush off as a simple ache or pain, an anxiety suferer always imagines the worst case scenario.

Old 02-05-2006, 06:11 PM   #14
(female)

Zimm HB User

I agree with you all!! Over the years,I have had all of the symptoms mentioned and suffered the same ones you have and it's so funny how your mind always decides that this is it,you're going to die from this. Now,I have had a throat virus,which it seems everyone has at this time of year,but I have a (feels like a ball in my throat) that comes and goes. Went to the Med center and some doctor who looked all of 16,said he couldn't see anything in my throat,that I should see my doctor,it could be a growth or cancer,wonderful thing to tell a person with health anxiety!! I just had a CT scan and Ultrasound done in late November,showed nothing except small goiter,which they assured me was very common. But because of that doctor,I'm obsessing over my throat and feeling like it could be life threatening!! Life just keeps getting better,doesn't it?

Old 02-05-2006, 07:28 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User

ugh mrs hypochondriac here lol .......
I can be fine and blow off physical things I feel and then one day it slams me and I have an almost constant state of worry right now well for the last 4 to 5 months my worry is heart blockages I have had these pain in my left arm and other various parts but all in the left side so of course I freak and say "it has to be MY HEART!" well ive had some tests came back good im now awaiting a stress/echo test this friday the 10th.Hopefully IF that comes out all good then I can lay this thinking its my heart to rest.Then if its not my doctor wants to do yep more testing lol for nerves or muscular things I am so sick of all this I mean I do the testing though because I know even though I have anxiety disorder it is still very possible for me to end up with something really real one day so I wanna play it safe and hopefully get some peace of mind.Although people without anxiety disorder can think they possibly have something wrong but they will just get checked and not worry about it 24/7 I sure wish I could be that way

Closed Thread