It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2006, 01:49 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

gxpark1234 HB User
mind chatter?

Is it anxiety when ur mind wont stop talking/thinking?? my thoughts are outrageous, irrational, not even in reality type of thoughts.. im worried.. or is this crazyiness?its worse when im trying to sleep

Old 02-28-2006, 02:08 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User
Re: mind chatter?

yes anxiety can cause this "mind chatter" I sometimes have this when I finaly in bed for the night everything is queit and peaceful and it begins I think its just anxiety and in my case it happens usualy when I have been really really stressed I am sure you notice it more often when trying to get to sleep because it is all calm at that time sometimes I even have these weird thought like you say and then it as if I had actualy fell asleep and wake ,eventhough I hadnt went to sleep and I cannot even remember what was going through my mind during that time its really weird I know but you are alright

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2006, 04:17 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

GatsbyLuvr1920 HB UserGatsbyLuvr1920 HB UserGatsbyLuvr1920 HB User
Re: mind chatter?

This so-called "mind chatter", or racing thoughts/obsessions, is a very common symptom, especially in those of us who have a more severe case of anxiety disorders. My mind never stops. It's gotten better now that I'm on the mood stabilizer Lamictal, which works for racing thoughts and flight of ideas in bipolar mania, but I still have a hard time keeping up with the rapid pace my brain spits out thoughts. Even on days where I have relatively low anxiety and few things to worry about I still can't slow down and stop planning. My "mind chatter" takes place in three different forms: simply having to plan out everything to make sure that my schedule works, an amalgam of school facts when I've studied all night for a test and have to memorize a bunch of material or, on a normal day, hearing TV/movie quotes over and over in my head, and, the worst, blasphemous and mean-spirited obsessions from my OCD. The strange thing is that I just realized that my three different categories all correspond to a different one of my anxiety problems: the first is an example of my Generalized Anxiety Disorder, the second is my Asperger's, and the third is, obviously, my OCD. I've never noticed that before, but it certainly is interesting...
-GatsbyLuvr1920-

Last edited by GatsbyLuvr1920; 02-28-2006 at 04:19 PM.

Closed Thread