It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2006, 09:27 PM   #1
(male)

Mr. Jeff HB User
Anxiety SSDI??

Has anyone had any luck obtaining ssdi for anxiety? Mine literally controls my life and has gotten worse and worse since I had a disabilatating back injury and surgery. I now at leaving the house only once a week, and it is to the same place, someone picks me up. I have even missed follow up visits after my back surgery because the thought of going into the hospital is just tooooo overwhelming. I have applied for the ssdi, but really have not stressed the anxiety. Any Suggestions?
THANK YOU

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-02-2006, 09:49 PM   #2

bushleaguer HB User
Re: Anxiety SSDI??

Hello,

Yes, people have been granted SSDI for anxiety, but you have to have a doctor backing you up. In other words, you need medical documentation that you have an anxiety order - whether it be general anxiety disorder, panic disorder with or without agoraphobia, and so on.

I'm assuming that you filed based on your back injury (as you said you didn't stress the anxiety in your filing). Your anxiety will certainly help bolster your case (i.e. lack of function and inability to work any job). You will need to have this formally documented by a doctor, however....you can't just mention it in one of the reports you filled out and expect it to hold weight with those who review your case and make the decision. I would go to a doctor regarding the anxiety and get a history established in case your initial claim is refused (most are, unfortunately).

Just to note, I am currently in the process of filing based on panic disorder with agoraphobia, social anxiety disorder and clinical depression. It's an uphill battle, but you have to stick with it.

Best of luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-05-2006, 07:21 PM   #3
(male)

Mr. Jeff HB User
Re: Anxiety SSDI??

Thanks for the encouragement. Yes, I am finally getting as much documentation as possible by telling my psychiatrist the true extent of the constant anxiety. Aslo, I've had panic attacks become so big that I pass out (I gave details of this on this site) This is documented by the EMS. I am in the process of getting the EMS report of the first time that happened...this first report should be much more detailed because the EMS crew saw me in my rather psychotic looking state, and strapped me to a gurney because I was so out of control because of the confusion of what had happened. Also, I have a Social Worker who has well documented my anxiety and PTSD.
Do these sound like a good begining of what you suggested by getting the anxiety as well documented?
Thanks again
Mr. Jeff

Closed Thread