It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2006, 02:48 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

allsorts HB User
Staying up late

Hi, I'm just wondering does any other anxiety sufferers here stay up late? I find myself staying up till 3 am most nights based on the fact my mind just cannot rest. It's not necessarilly because I'm anxious at night, just racing thoughts, ideas and plus it's quiet and I kinda find it relaxing to be doing stuff in the night because of the stresses I face during the day with my anxiety. I kind of refer it to 'my time'.

Old 03-28-2006, 04:52 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

hyper79 HB User
Re: Staying up late

hello i can relate to that, i stay stressed all day and end up exhausted, anxious ect..i come home flop down sat at this computer for a while, eat , shower get in the bed and just lay there thinking one thought to another, im like you im not what you could say anxious but my mind is not at rest. i read most of the time to consume my thoughts in another direction, most of the time something boring.ill get a thought at a wee hour about something that i need to check even if its outside and i wont get the thought out untill i go do it.my wife has said a thousand times why do you wait till you get in the bed to want to look for something or have to check something.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2006, 07:49 PM   #3
(male)

RTB1986 HB User

Ha Ha,sorry to laugh but reading you posts have brought a smile to my face.
I say this because evr since i can remeber the hardest i have ever had to do is sleep!!I would lie awake in my bed for up to 8hrs befor i would fall asleep and thats only if i was luck enough to get any sleep at all.Somtimes i would have to stay awake for up to 48hrs to the point my body couldnt take it nomore and i would pretty much colaps into a sleep.I found myself smoking weed as i found this to be the only thing that got me to sleep in a resonable time frame and then i turned around and relised i was addicted,i didnt need to tell you that for you to know just how stupid that is but i can honestly say sleeping tablets DO NOT WORK,well just maybe for me and there is no such thing as a long term solution because after 19yrs im still looking so good luck and i hope you find a solution.

Old 03-28-2006, 08:30 PM   #4
(male)

mrslots HB User

Welcome to the wee hour club. I have such severe anticipatory and performance anxiety that I cycle through everything in the past, present, and future in my life when trying to fall asleep so now I just prfer to stay up watching Tv, listening to music, or using the computer. I am not currently working which both feeds the anxiety and relieves it so it is quite a dilemma. After reading the Anxiety and Phobia Workbook and taking the self-tests, I have concluded I am a phobic and so entrenched in my thoughts and ways that digging myself out of the hole may be more destructive than where I am at now. Totally dependent on my parents for everything in life but at least safe and secure.

mrslots

Old 03-29-2006, 12:17 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

MagicSunshine HB User

Hi

Allsorts,

I have been a late night person for a lot of years. It's not that I can't sleep, because my meds are adjusted great at this time. I just plain want this time! There are no demands on me. Everyone is in bed sleeping.

I feel my worst in the morning when I wake up, and my best late at night. In the morning, I know I have a full day of things I have to get done ahead of me, so I feel a lot of pressure and anxiety. I also am being treated for depression. It seems at night both anxiety and depression are lifted. There is nothing I HAVE to do at night.

I do feel sorry for the ones who want to sleep but can't. That's different. It's also a medical problem. I wouldn't like it either if I had to stay up because I had no choice.

Well, it's 3:00 a m, and I guess I'll check out some of the posts. Enjoy the night Allsorts, and to the rest, I hope you get the rest you need.

Take Care My Friends............Connie

Old 03-29-2006, 02:48 AM   #6
(female)

frog3 HB User

I've been a night owl ever since I was a little kid, and I've had anxiety issues my whole life. At the moment it's 5:45 and I'm planning to go to bed in 15 minutes. I can go to sleep earlier than this, but I don't like to, so if I don't have anything to do early the next day I won't. When I do got to bed early, even if I do it on a regular basis, it usually takes me till at least 1am to actually fall asleep. I feel kind of the same way, I'm not feeling anxious at night, but it's my me time that helps me relax and deal with the rest of my life.

Old 03-30-2006, 02:04 PM   #7
(male)

FitnessFanatic1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslots
Welcome to the wee hour club. I have such severe anticipatory and performance anxiety that I cycle through everything in the past, present, and future in my life when trying to fall asleep so now I just prfer to stay up watching Tv, listening to music, or using the computer. I am not currently working which both feeds the anxiety and relieves it so it is quite a dilemma. After reading the Anxiety and Phobia Workbook and taking the self-tests, I have concluded I am a phobic and so entrenched in my thoughts and ways that digging myself out of the hole may be more destructive than where I am at now. Totally dependent on my parents for everything in life but at least safe and secure.

mrslots

Youve just recited my life, as it is now, word for word, and i can totally relate. My whole problem now is because of some trouble i have recently gotten my self in to i can no longer drive for about a year so i feel totally helpless and depressed. I pray for the my evening work out with friends which gives me a few hours of sanity and weekends so i can get drunk and actually have a good nights sleep. But i have found that in his poker crazy that online poker, or ne other hobby that has a technique, and takes sometime to learn eases my mind. I'm not sure of ne ones religion, but I also find that at night as im almost talkin to my self when im in creative mode and think somehting clever to say or do, i try and focus all that on prayer. Even if your not a christian, which I am, its an easy way to get things off your chest and to unwind I always feel much better. Especially if I pray form the heart and truly mean what i pray about, for my self, very much so for others, people i have bad blod with and especially people im thankful for soldier parents etc. Dont just do it to do it but really mean it. I feel it helps me release and unwind and i feel so much better and sometimes i can even sleep. Ne ways these are some ways of coping my self, because i believe i also have adhd but i really do not wanna take perscribed drugs and these all help a pretty good bit.

Last edited by FitnessFanatic1; 03-30-2006 at 02:21 PM.

Closed Thread